Chapter 47- Yuan left Yuan

A.N:Hiiiii! October ended. Can't believe in 2 months it will be 2K24 Another year went away so quickly.

Sighs

The thing is, this chapter has two persons with the same name! So to be more clear, the new Bai Yuan will be addressed as Yuan just as in previous chapters and the previous Bai Yuan will be addressed as Bai Yuan.

I really hope it will be less confusing.
Don't be shy to point out the lacking parts. You guys are precious. You help me grow. I love you(⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)💜

***

After reaching home, Bai Yuan kept suffering in many ways.

In every household, there was a financial budget separated for every member of the family. Great General Bai Yusheng lacked nothing. Bai Yuan was his only offspring, generally, he wouldn't have lacked anything either. But, the reality was different. Bai Yuan was young and Bai Yusheng thought the head maid could manage his(Yuan's) funds better so he gave her the responsibility of managing Yuan's expenses. As a result, the money Bai Yuan got each month from Bai Yusheng was huge but the amount he used to receive from the head maid was barely adequate.

Soon the contrast was visible to ordinary eyes. Zhao Shinyu had her room full of expensive clothes and accessories as well as Zhao Keyu who had all types of extravagances in his room. However, Bai Yuan had moderate quality goods and the bare minimum, simple clothes to wear every day. Even after purposely making him dress negligently couldn't subdue Yuan's beauty. He was still the talk of the town which made Zhao Shinyu burn to ash in jealousy. Zhao Keyu was nothing but an ignorant blockhead who only knew how to drink and bed whoever he took a liking to.

Zhao Shinyu had this greed inside her to have all the happiness in the world. Only one man could give her everything that she wanted. The Emperor. She was trying her best to catch the young Emperor's attention by any chance. She would always go to royal banquets instead of Yuan, giving the excuse that he felt uncomfortable in social gatherings. Certainly, people started to make things up among themselves. However, Wang Yiheng never once paid any attention to her. On the other hand, to bag everything Bai Yusheng had, Zhao Shinyu was trying best to find an unnoticeable suitor for Bai Yuan and make him leave the main house for good. How she was going to snatch all the wealth from him was still unclear in Bai Yuan's memories.

Yuan thought, "Maybe the previous Bai Yuan simply didn't care about fortune unlike me. He seems so lonesome. Only if I could embrace him for once…"

The memories proceeded with and soon it was Yuan's wedding night. Bai Yuan was nervously waiting for Yiheng in the bridal chamber. His palms were sweating and shivering. His marriage was so quickly decided and to someone of such great status. He was feeling timid.

What if he doesn't like me

What if he finds me useless as the head maid always says

What if he gets disgusted because I'm a man who needs a man to satisfy the urges like cousin brother Keyu says

And….what if he feels that I'm just an obligation no one wants….

His eyes were teary, warm droplets came rolling down his pale cheeks. That's when a maid entered with a wine bottle in her tray.

"Your Highness, don't be afraid. It's okay to be nervous on your first night. Drink this warm wine to calm your nerves. I wish you all the best of luck."

Yuan thought the maid gave him the wine with good intentions. She did not. That wine was spiked and bore a high amount of sedatives to make one fall asleep deeply. Who was behind the scheme was unknown at that time. As a result, after a few sips, Bai Yuan immediately dozed off. But when Yiheng came, he finally opened his eyes but everything was hazy and hot. His skin felt scorching hot and Yiheng's touch was cold and soothing on it. Desires took the best of him and he didn't realize when the night and Yiheng both were gone.

At first, he was given everything but his mind couldn't feel at peace. He was introverted and unexpressive. His mental health worsened when he got pregnant with Yeye. When he realized his news wasn't reaching Yiheng properly, he didn't feel hurt but disappointed. Disappointed in himself for expecting a better life after marriage. Days kept passing by, but loneliness never faded. His father came to visit him a few times but they were already very distant from each other spiritually. It was no use. Bai Yuan was falling apart every day. No mother, no siblings, no friends. He was married but his husband only stayed with him for a night. What's the point of this matrimony?

He thought while gently caressing his round belly, "Yeye, what if your father already found someone he loves? Will he forsake you too? Is it me who's the real issue? Forgive me, my child. Forgive me for being useless."

Soon Yeye was born. Yeye, the first heir of the Royal family of Xia, looked nothing like Yiheng except the dark brown hair. Golden eyes were the significant mark of the Royal family but Yeye had azure eyes like his mother. Surely, people talked about what- not rubbish behind their backs. Yuan was hanging on a slim thread for real. His health was weak to begin with because his mother was badly sick when he was in Kylan's womb. He never would've thought he would get slow poisoning.

Yuan had always been fond of colorful Koi fishes. Because of his weak body, he never tried swimming or training with swords. That day, when he was carefully watching the Koi fishes from the bank of his pond, his head spun, so badly that he fell in the water before him. The pond wasn't deep but there were heavy rocks inside. Accidentally he hit one of the rocks and fell into a deep slumber forever.

Bai Yuan saw Yuan's delicate face when he died and the maids came to pull him up from the water. His facial features were sharp and serene at the same time. Blood leaked from the wound on his head. But, he looked as if he finally got the sound sleep he was yearning for so badly.

The previous Bai Yuan was a weak person but he never once tried to end his life. He kept living with whatever he had. Never once demanded any explanation or complaint about being deprived of so many things.

Yuan felt warm tears on his cheeks as he saw his previous person's story unfold.

He fell to the ground and prayed, wailing like a child. Prayed that the previous Yuan should get another chance like him. Prayed that he should also have his equal share of happiness. Because he could do nothing for him.

No.

I can do something for him

Though he's not in this body anymore, I'll make them suffer who caused him sorrow. I'll take everything back for his soul in heaven. I won't let my second chance fail. I don't know how much I can do for Bai Yuan but I'll surely live through the life he left to me.

After a while, everything became dark.

Yuan was trying to stand up. But his legs felt numb and heavy. He squirmed in uneasiness. That's when he heard a familiar voice…

"Yuan…."

The voice was deep, calm, and soft like feathers.

"Yuan…I'm here. Come to me, my wife."

Finally, a figure appeared in front of him. A tall, strong man in black robes stood in front of him with open arms. His golden eyes which could make any heart tremble in fear were the most gentle when he looked at Yuan.

"Your…majesty…."

"I've been waiting for you, my wife."

Yuan could slowly feel his legs. With all his strength he somehow stood up and tried to move ahead. His legs trembling, heart shaking in fear that Yiheng would disappear at any moment if he didn't reach him quickly. He was a few inches away from Yiheng when his vision started to get blurry. Yuan desperately called for Yiheng, "No! Please don't leave me! Your majesty! Please!"

He felt arms wrap around his torso.
"Your majesty, is that you?"

"I'll never leave you."

"No…who are you?!"