Chapter 29 - A bet(2)

A.N: Heyooo! A new update! Hope you like it.

Also! We've reached 201K views already. Thank youuuu so much for making it happen!(⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥

Reminder: It's a slow burn so things gonna escalate slowly. Please bear with me ^^;
LY

***

The owner gave Bai Yuan a chair to sit on and a piece of paper to write down 3 things that he could use during the challenge. Bai Yuan carefully observed the upside-down plate on the table for a while and then wrote down the name of three objects he would use. The shop owner gave Yuan an amused look and asked, "Are you sure you won't need anything else?"

Bai Yuan propped his right leg over his left leg and smirked, "Get ready to lose the bet."

"Quite arrogant, huh? Let us see!"

He gave the piece of paper to one of his servants. Soon the things Bai Yuan asked for were in front of him. Meanwhile, Wang Yiheng had also taken a good spot somewhere near the challenge area. He looked really focused on whatever his wife was trying to do. On the other side, the crowd had become denser than before. Everyone showed great interest and whispered among themselves in groups.

"Do you think he can win?"

"Well, he looks confident."

"So what? The other participants also showed arrogance before running away with their tails between their legs. Tch."

"You're not wrong though... let's see."

"I know well, that old man is full of tricks under his sleeves. He intentionally brought up such a bet just to gain attention and make money by deceiving innocent people like us."

"Ah, alright alright. Calm down."

"I'm 100% sure, this newcomer will also lose all his money."

Such chattering could be heard among the spectators. Bai Yuan also noticed that the crowd had started to go crazy from curiosity and it would be a lie to say he wasn't having fun!

Damn, I missed this excitement. Old days. Golden days.

He thought in mind because he suddenly remembered his working experience in that club as a young host, his popularity was worthy of being envious then. He liked the feeling that everyone was caring about his actions.

The shop owner asked while rubbing his palms together, "Shall we start?"

Bai Yuan turned his head to look at Yiheng one last time before starting the challenge. He flashed his teeth with his charming signature smile and mouthed, "Don't worry, I won't let your money get wasted!"

Wang Yiheng just smiled in reply and Bai Yuan then made eye contact with the shop owner, "Let it begin."

The shop owner recited the rules again and addressing the spectators declared, "Dear ladies and gentlemen, this distinguished guest here has accepted the challenge given to him today, at this table. He has permission to use any method to bring out the money which is under the plate. But he can't touch it with his hands, sticks, or break it. Also, he has chosen his 3 tools to assist him during this challenge."

Bai Yuan lazily examined the tools he had ordered.

"He has chosen a candle, a glass, and a wet cloth."

Bai Yuan heard a few mockeries and felt people's odd glances but he knew they will be the ones to clap first when the time comes.

"Don't underestimate me, folks."