Chapter 42- ༼⁠;⁠'⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽The contract!?

A.N: As promised, things are gonna accelerate from here. I know there are many potholes here and there. Please 🙏🏻 forgive me for now. I am continuously trying to mend confusing parts and shape them so that the story I started writing out of pure excitement doesn't crumble down. (😭) Also, Dear readers who comment to let me know the messy parts, THANK YOU💜 I LUV U
Saranghaeeee😭🫰🏻
  ∆Happy read∆

***

Yang Zi paused hearing the sudden scream from inside.

"Y-your Majesty….ah…do it more gently….aiSH!"

Yang Zi stood there dumbfounded.

"Ouch…ouch…ouch…Not there! Aaaa my back will BREAK if you press so hard!"

She knew whose voice that was. She could feel her ears warming up by the loud moans. To the point that the basket in her arms fell on the floor.

*Thud*

Bai Yuan inhaled sharply and told Yiheng, "Please wait a moment, looks like someone is outside."

Yiheng replied in his naturally calm voice, "Let them be. I must finish what I started first. Now focus."

He pressed down again and Yuan felt his soul leave his body, "I beg mercy! It was my fault that I underestimated your strength. My back will definitely fall off today if you keep doing it! STOP!"

Yang Zi couldn't stand those anymore and ran out of the lounge, crying and biting her teeth in frustration.

The guards blinked at her retreating back.

"I tried to stop her. She didn't hear me out."

"Don't worry. We're not at fault. Let's leave for our village tonight."

"....."

After finishing the massage session, Yiheng finally opened the door and found a fruit basket on the doorstep. He gently picked it up and went inside where Yuan was stretching his arms and back with contentment.

He happily chirped like a bird, "Ah! I feel alive. Your hands have magic, Your Majesty! It feels as if I grew new bones."

Yiheng smiled sweetly seeing Yuan enjoying the moment. Then, he picked up an apple. He cleaned it with his handkerchief and started to look around for something. Yuan sat on the bed cross-legged and curiously asked, " What are you looking for?"

"Something sharp to cut this."

Yuan stretched his hand ahead, "Just give it to me."

Yiheng shook his head and replied, "No."

He wanted to slice the apple for Yuan.

But Yuan, the free spirit, in two jumps, reached Yiheng's hand and with two more jumps came back to his seat along with the apple in his hand.

"Watch me, Your Majesty"

Yiheng had no choice but to watch him silently. He sat on the bed and as usual, his warm golden eyes were instantly locked on the person before him.

Yiheng was surprised when Yuan effortlessly broke the apple from the middle into two halves. Yuan was about to take a big bite of the apple when he handed the other part to Yiheng.

"Wife, DO NOT!"

Yuan was startled all of a sudden, "W-what?"

"Let me check if it has any poison! Give it to me."

"You scared me to death!"

Yiheng pulled out a silver needle set from his sleeves and poked the apple in some parts.

Then he was going to bite on the apple for a final check when Yuan snatched it away and gobbled it up in one go.

Yiheng looked like he had never seen something so shocking before.

Yuan spoke while munching greedily, "Nofh if sef" (Now It's Safe)

Yiheng could only helplessly search in his pockets in the hope of finding the bottle of emergency antidote.

Yuan had already pushed down the chewed Apple via his throat.

"Don't worry so much. I won't get poisoned again."

For the first time he saw traces of anger in Yiheng's eyes, "How're you so guaranteed? I let that happen once because I was unaware, I can't risk your life twice!"

Yuan could feel the stress behind his every word. He could feel his breath hitch under the power of those unwavering eyes. He suddenly felt that he needed to divert the topic,

"Your Majesty. I f-forgot to congratulate you on your win previously. Since I lost, what do you wish me to do?"

Yiheng's full demeanor started to soften the moment he remembered about the wish. He had been urgently looking for a chance to win a match against Yuan for a reason. He convinced his heart that he must fulfill every wish for Yuan. But that contract Yuan playfully pulled out was restricting him in every way possible. He never wanted a contractual marriage.

It's true that at the beginning of his marriage, Yuan was just like one of the many responsibilities he needed to fulfill. He grew up thinking about the responsibilities he must fulfill as an Emperor, a filial son, a brother, and then, that of a husband. However, after he returned, he could feel his senses betray him. Yuan didn't feel like a responsibility anymore. Yuan started to make him forget about everything whenever he was near. Yuan pulled him towards the playfulness he never had in his childhood. Yiheng felt free whenever Yuan was with him. But, the more he wanted to get closer, the more Yuan seemed to hide away. The more he appeared before him, the more he wanted to look at him. When Yuan fell asleep in his arms at ease, he could sense his heart burning for more. Now, He just wanted Yuan to accept him unconditionally.

Yiheng asked in his natural calm voice but there was something that felt deep, "Will you grant my wish?"

Yuan would have never in his second life could have thought that Yiheng would ask for something he was planning to grab onto, to live!

"Unless you want me to sell my soul to the devil, I can do anything for you."

"You promise?"

"On my second l-... I mean, my life!"

Yiheng's body moved closer bit by bit as he continued to say, "As the winner in today's match and my reward from the person who lost, I demand the annulment of the contract I signed with you."

Bai Yuan's eyes widened in shock, "Wha?--"

Before he could speak any more words, his lips were immediately captured by the other man. The touch was soft like flower petals until something wet tried to pry open the flower petals. Yiheng pushed his tongue inside, greedily sucking on the plump lips. Yuan could feel his mouth melt under the subtle sensations on his lips and inside his mouth. The kiss broke off leaving behind a string of slick saliva.

Yiheng softly pecked on those rosy lips again before picking up his handkerchief to wipe Yuan's wet lips.

"You can't imagine, how much I craved for this moment." Yiheng stroked Yuan's face which had turned pink and warm after his surprise attack.

Yuan's blue eyes were moist and looked out of focus.

Exactly, what just happened…..

"Finally, the contract is gone."