Chapter 28-A bet

A.N: Am I late once again? WuW Gommennaasai (*inserts Anya Forger's voice) I hope you guys are doing well. Exam pressures are increasing every day and my academics are degrading instead. The stress level is making me more drained than enthusiastic to go and aim high. I don't know why I'm ranting here. But you guys take better care of me than my family, maybe that's why I feel so relaxed when I write to you.

Again sorry for the late updates. Help me find all types of mistakes in my writing, okay?

***

As soon as Bai Yuan entered the market overflowing with natives, he was awed. Everything was so different and much more lively than the life inside the Blue Sky manor in which he resided. He looked at the busy people with sparkling eyes, filled with excitement.

Ahhh~It is my first time seeing an ancient market!

His pale orange hanfu fluttered in the air as he swiftly walked inside the market, like the wings of a flapping butterfly among tree leaves. At a distance, a few men were busy decorating the streets and shops with colorful papers and lanterns. Bai Yuan went to them with curiosity and catching a man's attention asked,

"Ge, Why is the market so lively today? Anything special?"

The man was quite taken aback by being asked such sudden questions by someone so captivating. Consequently, he stammered a little and then properly replied, "A-Ah, everyone is preparing for a festival to celebrate our Emperor's victory in the battle with those barbarians!"

Bai Yuan was greatly amazed, "You guys really love your Emperor, right?"

The man proudly replied, " Of course, we do. His majesty and the late Emperor are great rulers of all time. They've always stood beside us, poor citizens. We respect them very much!"

Bai Yuan nodded and replied, "Hm Hm, his majesty is a great ruler, I see..."

Suddenly a small kid crashed into Bai Yuan while playfully running on the streets with his peers. He didn't see Yuan standing there and colluded with him. As a result, he fell back and let out a painful groan.

"Ack-"

Bai Yuan somehow controlled his balance from stumbling and asked in a concerned tone, "Ah, hey, buddy, are you alright?"

The kid stayed lying on the ground and stared at Bai Yuan for a while. Seeing him flatly lying on the streets, Bai Yuan sighed and crouched down to help him stand up.

"Are you hurt? Can you stand up?"

But the little boy who seemed to be somewhere around 10 kept looking at him like he was bounded by some kind of spell. There was a hint of red on his ears and cheeks. Bai Yuan was too busy or too careless that he didn't notice that small detail. He patted the dress of the boy and shook him by his arms, "Are you listening??"

Finally, the boy opened his mouth to speak, "I need to tell Mother that I've found my bride!"

Bai Yuan wasn't expecting such remarks from a barely 10-year-old boy who should be going to school instead of fantasizing about a marriage partner.

"...h-hold on."

The boy clasped Bai Yuan's hands with seriousness and said, "I've never seen someone as enchanting as you."

"!!!"

Hey hey, where is this kid learning such things? Where are his parents?

Seeing Bai Yuan's cringed expression, the boy again spoke, "You don't need to worry at all, my father is a famous merchant. I'll treat you like a queen! Will you marry me?"