Chapter 50- Back to Home

A.N: Long time no see (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠) I apologize from the bottom of my heart for today and the upcoming late updates. Because my classes started exactly 12 days ago. As you know I've started studying Architecture, man, I never knew this field was so bone-breaking, and nerve-wracking. My whole existence turned upside down in the last 12 days. Anyways....Life giving lemons....

As always I'll try to update as soon and many as possible. Only thanking you is never enough 💜

Happy Reading (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

***

Following the events, Yiheng got worried about Yuan and Yeye's safety inside the palace. Once his Grandfather, Uncle, and Emperor Shen came to visit him, he shared his worries with them. Undoubtedly, Grandpa Feng was more than happy to keep Yuan and Yeye in his mansion, whereas Emperor Shen felt ashamed of the events that took place inside his own house. First Empress Jin’s mean behaviour then the sudden abduction. Yuan had to suffer and he couldn't do anything for him(BY) at all. Ultimately, Emperor Shen bade them goodbye with a heavy heart. Wang Xiyi and Wang Mo-er also followed Yiheng and Yuan behind. So, all the Wang Siblings were again reunited in their mother's family home.

“Yuanyuan, hurry!” Mo-er ushered Bai Yuan who was lazily flipping through a poetry book he found inside the carriage. The carriage was slowly moving on the road. Yuan and Mo-er rode together with little angels, Ming-er and Yeye.

Yuan nervously asked, “What happened? Are you in pain?”

Mo-er grabbed his hand tightly and gently pressed it on her round belly, “My little dumpling just moved inside!”

Yuan’s eyes widened in excitement, “Really? Where?”

“Here!”

There was another movement. Yuan had never felt something so indescribable in his life, “Woah!” Mo-er giggled, “It's not my first time but I become excited every time my baby starts moving.”

Suddenly something came to his mind, “Did Yeye move like that too?” He glanced at Yeye who was cheerfully playing with Ming-er. That one sudden thought bowed a seed of new desire. Subconsciously, his hand touched his belly which was as flat as a pancake.

Mo-er secretly observed his movements and chuckled softly, “Oh my cute brother-in-law!”

The ride was not that time-consuming, but Yeye and Ming-er ended up falling asleep after playing. Before dozing off, Yeye sluggishly walked toward his Mommy, he mumbled in his sweet voice, “Mom…my…Yeye….” Before he could trip on his footsteps Yuan quickly caught him in his arms. Yeye nuzzled inside the crook of Yuan’s neck and slowly drifted away into a deep slumber. His shallow breaths tickled on Yuan's neck. Ming-er looked at them with droopy eyes then turned his small head to look at his mother. Seeing that Mo-er was a little hesitant, Yuan stretched his free hand to pick Ming-er up.

“Yuan! Will you be okay with carrying both of them?”

Yuan replied softly while Ming-er slowly dropped his head on Yuan's other shoulder and closed his sleepy eyes, “It's okay, they need rest. We can't let them sleep on the floor in this bumpy carriage, can we?”

Mo-er leaned forward and tightly squeezed Yuan's cheeks until they turned red. As a result, Yuan made a whimper, “Ow Ow Ow. Stob it..”

Mo-er returned to her seat and sighed, “I think there is a problem, Yuanyuan.”

Yuan worriedly looked at her, “What happened? Should we stop the carriage?”

Mo-er exhaled a long breath, “If you keep being so adorable, I might fall in love with you more and ultimately, leave the Crown palace to go live with you.”

Yuan blinked at her, “Huh? Prince Shen will cry a lot if you do that, you know?”

“Yeah…He'll probably start a war.”

“....”

He thought in his mind, She's joking, right?

***

Genuinely, Yiheng's Maternal family was very warm. They received Yuan and Yeye with open arms. They were the definition of a healthy harmonious family. Days went by so soon that Yuan didn't even realize that it was already their parting time with the Feng Family. Grandma Feng packed tons of snacks for Yeye and sweets for Yuan before they left in the carriage Yiheng brought with them.

The trip on their way back to the capital of the Xia Empire was smooth. Yiheng still had bandages all over his body but the wounds were recovering better. It had turned already dark when the carriage finally entered the Imperial palace of Xia. Xu Ying jumped down from the horse and went back to escort others from the carriage that stopped just before the entrance to the main palace.

Guards and rows of palace maids stood straightly on both sides of the path. The guards had lanterns lit and looked prepared to tackle any obstacles that came at them.

Xu Ying moved forward as planned and knocked on the carriage body,

*Knock knock*
“Master, we have arrived.”

Yiheng pushed aside the curtains at the entrance of the carriage, “Everything ready?”

Xu Ying turned his head to look at the head made and after getting affirmation he nodded at Yiheng, “Affirmative.”

“Good. You take the prince to his manor and assist his nanny.”

“Okay, master.”

Yiheng moved to pick Yeye up who was soundly sleeping on his mother's lap. On the other hand, his mother was also sleeping like a baby. A soft smile grew on the corners of Yiheng's lips. Then he carefully picked Yeye up and gave him to Xu Ying.

“Shouldn't we wake His Highness?” Xu Ying whispered, not waking up Yeye.

Yiheng shook his head, “I'll carry him.”

Xu Ying’s right brow throbbed, “Master…your wounds will get ripped if you carry a person.”

“He's as light as a feather,” Yiheng spoke softly as he wrapped his arms around Yuan’s slender waist and gently picked him up. Perhaps instinctively, Yuan shifted in his sleep, adjusting inside Yiheng's embrace, and then slept peacefully. His face was so close to Yiheng’s neck that he(WY) could feel his(BY) every shallow breath on his(WY) skin. Yiheng could notice his senses betray him and so he quickly came down from the carriage.

Eighty percent of the palace maids couldn't believe what they were witnessing, ten percent fainted watching the scene, last ten percent of maids were clueless about who the person in their Emperor's arms was and why he entered his(WY) personal bed chamber with him(WY).