Chapter 35-Empress Jin & the Royal Lovebirds

A.N:              ***Drop***

The members inside the courtroom gaped at seeing Bai Yuan. They have all seen Emperor Wang and undoubtedly he was one of the most desired man among all the Empires but they had never seen someone as ethereal as Bai Yuan before. It seemed the beauties in their empire paled in front of him. Xia Empire surely produces beauties. First it was their crown Princess and now it was Bai Yuan. Even in his simple pale orange attire he outshined all the women present there. Regaining their sense, they greeted them in unison, "Greetings to the sun of the Xia Empire, Emperor Wang Yiheng and his Consort," before getting dismissed by Emperor Shen.

Emperor Shen and Empress Jin got up from their throne when Yiheng and Bai Yuan came to stop in front of the stairs of the throne.

Both of them said adjointly , "Emperor Wang greets the sun of the Wu Xi empire."

"First consort Bai Yuan greets the sun of the Wu Xi empire."

Emperor Shen came to Yiheng and grabbed his shoulders. He had a serious face and his blazing red attire with a big golden dragon just made him look more scary.

"Welcome to Wu Xi, Emperor Wang and Consort Bai. It's been so long since I last saw you, Yiheng."

Yiheng had his usual calm face, "I apologise for not paying visits in the past few years."

"I forgive you, son. But, I want to know something."

Yiheng looked as if he was taken back for a second.

Emperor Shen continued in his deep voice, "Why didn't you tell me if you needed manpower on the battlefield? I would've sent our army along with my useless son."

Shen Haixiong cried from behind, "Father!"

Emperor Shen scolded his son, "Why? Look at him. He's the youngest Emperor I've witnessed, led the Army singlehandedly, won the battle with those ferocious Barbarians, governs the empire with skillful hands. And you?"

Haixiong stomped his feet in annoyance while Mo-er was busy taking pride in her Eldest brother, forgetting her husband. During the time, Bai Yuan and Yeye were changing their focus between the arguing father and son in amusement. 

Empress Jin had been silently watching them from beside the Emperor, but she finally came forward to side with her child.

"He has his mother and father alive, why would he need to become mature so early."

Even a newborn baby could sense Empress's arrogant and hurtful attitude towards Yiheng. Bai Yuan's face twitched, did this old wolf with fake sheep skin just called my partner an orphan?

His frustrated eyes met Yiheng's calm golden eyes as if they spoke, "It's okay."

Surprisingly Mo-er had the same expression as Yuan. Because indirectly calling her brother orphan meant direct insult to her too.

She spoke after collecting her composure in one place, "Mother in law knows very well just how much our mother loves us. She gave my Emperor brother the huge responsibility only after she confirmed that he was ready for it."

Haixiong helplessly stood there, dejected by his dearest wife and father. He mouthed to Yiheng, 'I hate you!'

Yiheng didn't take any of the taunts and replied to Emperor Shen's previous question, "I truly appreciate that Emperor Shen wanted to help me during danger, but it pained my conscience to ask for your loyal people shed their blood for my Empire. I wanted to avoid the war but they were just too much with their demands so I couldn't help going to the battlefield. Everything is under control now."