Chapter 38- Surprise!

Happy reading (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

***

A few palace maids showed the way to the resting cottage. Crown palace had its separate lodging area for guests and since Yiheng was a special guest, his family was given the largest guest cottage in that area. The cottage was screaming lavishness and top-notch furniture taste of the Crown Palace's management team. From the inside out it didn't seem a bit less decorated than Bai Yuan's room.  Yeye struggled for a long time to stay together with his parents but in the end 2 brothers out-ran poor Yeye. Therefore, he was dragged by the princes to their chamber.

Bai Yuan only sighed once, "I hope he doesn't annoy the princes."

Yiheng had a neutral reaction, "I'm concerned about the situation being the opposite."

Bai Yuan looked at the handsome side profile of the man who had been diligently following him without a complaint all day.

"Does that mean, I have to sleep with you tonight?"

Yiheng blinked a few times before cooly answering, "Yes? You slept with me last night…the day after I returned..also-"

Bai Yuan could feel his face turn red from embarrassment, "Stop! Stop! I understand!"

But in mind, he thought, Yeah? Every time we shared a bed, I was knocked out beforehand for some reason! I didn't feel your existence at all! But now that I'm fully aware of the situation. IDK how will I fall asleep at night!

I admit I had roommates before, but they weren't married to me!! You ARE! Then there is your so-alluring bod-

*Slap* Yuan, WAKE UP, U Pervert!

Yiheng waved his hand before Bai Yuan's unfocused eyes, "Wife, are you alright?"

Bai Yuan replied like a machine, "No…Need More Alcohol in My System…"

***

The banquet hall was gorgeously decorated in honor of Wang Yiheng's arrival. There were so many distinguished people from the imperial family that it was hard to recall everyone's names and titles.

The large door to the hall was opened by the guards as soon as Yiheng arrived. Everyone was greatly shaken to see the person beside him. Wang Yiheng had a dark traditional attire embroidered with threads made of gold. His royal crown was also properly attached to his dark brown hair. On the other hand, the man beside him wore a traditional hanfu layered with dark blue and silver ivory silks of premium quality, manifesting a scenario of the midnight sky and floating cherry blossoms from some cherry tree branches. The hems were embroidered with silver threads making it appear as if real stars were shining. Simply speaking, the royal couple looked quite sophisticated and domineering even though they were in the territory of another emperor, they upheld their royal identities confidently.

After the boring greeting session was finally done. Everyone was called for a meal. Everyone started to sit in their designated seats when Bai Yuan realized his seat was very far from Yiheng who had his seat beside Emperor Shen. His seat was almost with the mere concubines of Emperor Shen who belonged to a commoner's background. Even though Bai Yuan was from the modern era, he noticed that these petty tricks had always been the same in every era. He didn't feel much bothered.

But, Princess Mo-er bit her lips in frustration, seeing the sitting arrangements. She noticed there was a seat vacant near her brother but her YuanYuan was guided to sit so far from the imperial family. She glanced at her mother-in-law and saw the evil smile as she was very satisfied with the arrangement. It didn't take long before the hall door was opened again. The Empress gleamed with happiness as she clapped to grab everyone's attention, " Thank you so much for joining us on this great afternoon everyone. We have such an important guest from Xia Empire today. I just wanted to add a little more shine to the moment. Please welcome my niece, Yang Zi."