Chapter 51- Change of Events

A.N: Aaaaaa! Apologies are not enough for disappearing for so long! Still, I'm so sorryyyy (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠) Academic is being so harsh. I have 2 projects, 1 assignment, 2 presentations, and 4 Class tests on my plate. I'm so screwed academically that I couldn't even open the app to reply to all your comments! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

The year is ending 😭 But one thing that will never end is my love for you all, you supported me when I was low, and you gave me the courage to stand on my feet when life felt like crumbling, Thank you so much for every comment, every vote, every inbox message!

🎋Advance Happy New Year to all of you💜 I pray and hope that 2K24 brings you all tons of happiness and prosperity 🎋

***

The lights were low inside the royal bedchamber. Wang Yiheng gently placed Bai Yuan who was continuously trespassing between dreamland and reality. At some point, Bai Yuan slightly opened his eyes, the scenario around him seemed so dreamy that he mistook reality for a marvelous dream.

In his “dream”, he was on the softest bed possible. The bedsheets were pure white so soft that they felt like clouds. Moreover, Yiheng was in his dream! He was adjusting the pillow under Yuan’s head.

Yuan took him off guard. Before Yiheng could notice Yuan was already holding onto his wrist and mumbling.

“Like, seriously, how can someone be so handsome? Bai Yuan bagged such a masterpiece! Damnn, I'm jealous of myself!”

Yiheng blinked at him, his lips were pressed tight to hold in his laugh.

He gently caressed Yuan’s cold face, “How so?”

Yuan sat up, still looking sleepy, “How do I explain, umm…You're fine as hell! Has a great presence among the crowd…Then, you fight so well! Oh my God! The way you were swinging your saber that day! Wow! Then.. then.. You love Yeye so much! Everyone loves you too!”

Yuan smiled like a fool while appreciating Yiheng with everything he had. Yiheng could feel his cheeks warm up.

“Then, does that include Yuan?”

Yuan tilted his head in confusion, “Include? In what?”

Yiheng inhaled deeply, “ Do you love me?”

“Do I?” Yuan stared at Yiheng for a long time. Here, Yiheng could feel a heaviness inside, “It's ok. You-”

What shook Yiheng was Yuan’s next sentence. Yuan opened his arm wide like an enthusiastic toddler and jumped ahead to hug him(WY) tightly, “ Of course, I love you!”

The embrace was warm and fragrant like cherry flowers. Yiheng nuzzled inside Yuan's neck, “Really?”

Yuan giggled as he stroked Yiheng's back, “Really. I don't have the guts to confess to you in reality. However, I'm relieved that I could say it out loud in my dream! Yahoo!”

Yiheng smiled silently, “It's like a dream to me as well.”

Yuan suddenly unglued himself from Yiheng and looked at him carefully. Feeling the sudden emptiness in his arms, Yiheng nervously observed Yuan, “Yuan…. what's wrong?”

Yuan cupped Yiheng's cheeks and looked at him with seriousness in his burning eyes, “Since this is my dream, I can ‘Kiss’ you as much as I want. You won't know in reality, right?”

Yiheng was having a hard time believing his ears, “Kiss?”

Yuan hummed, “That's an English word for this-”