Chapter 32- Yiheng's Wedding Night

AN:I know that I have been gone for a long time again. But here I am. Happy read. Also, please don't be so stinky about leaving a vote on the chapters👉🏻👈🏻

***

Yiheng came back to the bedroom after making sure that Yeye was dozing soundly beside Xu Ying. He stood by the door of the room and calmly gazed at the sleeping figure on the bed. Bai Yuan's back was slowly rising and falling. Yiheng leaned by the door frame and suddenly the memories from his wedding night came floating to him.

Two years ago

"Queen Mother, you wanted to see me?" Yiheng, the young Emperor who just had his coronation ceremony then bowed to the reigning Queen Dowager, Qian Shiyu.

"Come here, son. Have some freshly brewed tea." Queen Dowager was having a small tea break in her imperial garden with her maids companying her.

"Thank you, Queen Mother," Yiheng replied as one of the maids passed him a cup of freshly brewed chrysanthemum tea.

Queen Dowager gestured to a maid and ordered her to bring her something while Yiheng went ahead to taste the tea. Soon the maid came back by her side and passed her a big scroll. Queen Dowager gently took it in her hands and carefully kept it on her lap.

She cleared her throat slightly and proceeded, "Yiheng, Queen Mother has always treated and loved you more than Prince Xiyi, you know?"

Yiheng paused in his drink, "I know that very well, Queen Mother. This son has never in his life dared to question his Queen Mother's love and care for him. What I am today is all because of you. After Mother passed away, it was you who raised me and never hated for not giving my younger brother Xiyi the throne." Yiheng's words carried his sincerity and Queen Dowger knew it. She replied with a warm smile, "You know better how playful that kid is, you're the most eligible one out of my all heirs. I'm more than happy that I could see you ascend to your deserved throne before I too join sister Mian and the late Emperor up in heaven." Queen Dowager had unshed tears in her eyes, remembering how her loved ones passed away so quickly, leaving her behind.

Yiheng pursed his lips in pain, put down the cup, and spoke in a sorrow mixed voice, "Queen Mother, please don't ever say like that, I have no one except you, Xiyi, and Mo-er. So please-" he closed his eyes as his words got stuck in his throat.

Queen Dowager sucked in a sharp breath and exhaled, "Foolish son of mine, you're just like your father, emotional and sensitive about family. I have a really important matter to discuss."

"I'm always free for you."

"You won't be from now on."

"W-what do you mean?" Yiheng slightly chuckled in the hope to lighten the heaviness in the air.

Queen Dowager gave him a soft smile and finally passed the scroll to him, "See yourself."

Yiheng took the scroll and opened it carefully. As soon as the scroll was undone fully, his eyes dilated in surprise.
He asked in a confused at same time shy tone, without looking at the Queen Dowger, "I-i don't understand. Why are you showing me this?"

Queen Dowager picked up her cup and took a sip of her tea, "What do you think?"

"T-this is......one of the most spectacular paintings....I have ever seen...." Yiheng couldn't retain his eyes off the portrait of a youthful young man that was painted on the scroll. The youth had long, silky black hair flowing down his back, loose robes drifting negligibly because of what seemed to be a night breeze, a relaxed slender body sitting on the window frame, a bottle of wine in his hand, looking at the bright moon with loneliness in his azure eyes as if trying to busk in the dim light of solitariness with the moon herself.