Special Story (New Year Special)

AN:A very Happy New Year to all of you.
2022 was a blessing to have you guys by my side, all the time. I know I couldn't update as I promised. But, please forgive me for that. I'm so sorry.

Like always, please let me know if you find the story boring, grammatical errors, illogical stuff, or the story becoming complicated.

Once again, Thank you so much for all the love and support, I really wish to spend more time with you guys. Happy reading!

***

Bai Yuan was so overwhelmed, should I accept?

It's true, I don't have anyone at home anyways. Thinking that he politely accepted the glass offered to him. He thanked Wang Yiheng one more time and then sipped the wine. Ah, Delicious! Is it a fruit wine?

Wang Yiheng was also slowly sipping the wine and looking at the stars. He turned his head towards Bai Yuan and replied as if he was humming a song, "Mhm, do you like it?"

Again, Bai Yuan felt his blood rush, he nervously replied, "Yes, it's very delicious."

Then Wang Yiheng again opened his mouth to speak, "Should I call you Bai Yuan? A-Yuan? Yuan Yuan?"

Bai Yuan couldn't hold back anymore, he choked on his wine and started to cough hard. Wang Yiheng reached to rub his back, "I was only joking, are you okay?"

Bai Yuan inhaled sharply to catch his breath, "Y-Yes, yes. I'm fine, Mr. Yiheng."

Wang Yiheng reached out his hand to touch his face, "But your face is all red.."

Bai Yuan replied nervously, "Maybe I'm a little drunk, yes, I'm drunk. I'm hearing delusional things."

"Xiao Bai, You heard everything right." Suddenly something came to Wang Yiheng's mind and he enthusiastically asked, "Do you want proof that you're not drunk?"

Bai Yuan looked so confused, "Ae? How?"

"Loot over there," Wang Yiheng pointed at a bright start, "Now look in my eyes."

Bai Yuan saw the star and then, as told to do, looked into Yiheng's bright eyes. He heard his deep voice before he got lost in an endless sea of golden, "What did you see, Xiao Bai?"

Bai Yuan's answer came out as a whisper as if he was under a spell, "A-A star."

Yiheng was already really close to Bai Yuan, his big palms cupped Bai Yuan's cold face. Bai Yuan heard him as the warmth started to spread all over his face, "That's what you are to me. My brightest start."

As if everything was a dream, Bai Yuan's brain couldn't process everything at once. He only understood, he was feeling very overwhelmed and he couldn't believe his ears. The pair of golden eyes which were peeking right into his soul kept coming closer and soon he felt something soft and warm take over his lips. Bai Yuan's eyes closed as Wang Yiheng wrapped him tightly inside his arms and deepened the kiss.

Bai Yuan muffled, "Mmmf"

They broke the kiss, leaving a string of saliva behind. Wang Yiheng hugged him tightly and hid his face inside the crook of Bai Yuan's neck, "This is bad, Xiao Bai. I'm really losing all control. You always make me lose control over my sanity."

Bai Yuan was still in a daze but his arms were also wrapped around Yiheng's wide back. He then heard him continue, "I won't push you. I'll dedicatedly pursue you, so, please choose me, okay?"

Under the starry night, the two souls stayed together until dawn, and following the next days Wang Yiheng truthfully confessed all his lies about not being an office worker and as promised dedicatedly pursued Bai Yuan.

5 days later.

Wang Yiheng picked Bai Yuan up after his part-time job was finished and drove him to a place. Bai Yuan carefully came out of the car and looked around, Wow! This place is so beautiful!

It was almost midnight and out of nowhere, Wang Yiheng had brought him beside a lake. There was a huge bridge over the lake. Wang Yiheng removed his overcoat and put that over Bai Yuan's simple clothes, "Wear this, otherwise you'll catch a cold."

Bai Yuan playfully threw his head back to look at Yiheng, " But what if you fall sick instead? Won't you feel cold?"

Yiheng hugged him from behind and whispered in his ears, "Don't you know that you always make me feel hot?"

Every ounce of Bi Yuan's blood rose to his face.

Wang Yiheng tightened the hug, "Aww, are you blushing? It's true though!"

Bai Yuan lightly punched him in his chest but Wang Yiheng caught it timely and pulled towards him, "Let's go, I've something for you."

Soon they reached the middle of the bridge but Bai Yuan was panting strongly, "Huff, did you have to run so fast?"

Wang Yiheng searched in his pocket and found the thing he was looking for. He told Bai Yuan, "Xiao Bai, look there." Bai Yuan looked over there but there was nothing. "Hey, there is-... What are you doing?!"

Wang Yiheng was on his knee and he had a big smile on his face. He opened the small box in his hand and a platinum ring was revealed.

"Bai Yuan, Will you give me the chance to be your boyfriend? Please?"

Bai Yuan had to hide his face with his hands to hide away his unstoppable tears. Wang Yiheng got up and cupped his face with his big hands, leaning his forehead on Bai Yuan's forehead, "I'm madly in love with you Bai Yuan. I really want to stay by your side."

Tears kept falling from Bai Yuan's azure eyes as if there was a leak in that blue sparkling ocean. He replied, choking on his words, "That'd be a great honor, Yiheng. Thank you so much for falling in love with me!"

At that very moment, hundreds of fireworks blew up in the night sky, spreading flickers of colorful lights here and there. While the whole world was celebrating the arrival of a new year, two once lonely souls started to prepare for a new journey side by side.

AN: Was it too fast? I mean how they're bond progress so fast? Well, I thought it was a special story so I better keep it short. What do you think of this plot? Please let me know.

Happy 2023 (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠✧⁠*⁠。