Chapter 48- Who gets Yuan?

A.N: Thank you so much for all the votes and comments! Here is an early update 💜

Happy Reading!

***

Yuan's body jolted at the unknown touch. It wasn't Yiheng's arms. His eyes opened wide in shock.

"You….Don't touch me!…"

Song Xu hugged Yuan tightly, nuzzling his face deep into Yuan's neck, "Don't be like this, Yuan. You don't know how much I missed you. I'm sure you missed me too!"

Yuan was trying his best to push him away, "I said, let me go! I didn't miss you! You're being delusional!"

Song Xu wasn't budging at all. But Yuan's continuous struggle was making him aggravated. And so, with one arm he held Yuan tightly, with the other he yanked a fistful of Yuan's long dark hairs. The sharp tug in his hair made Yuan yelp in pain, "It hurts, Damn it!"

Song Xu looked at him with amusement, "You were so docile and timid last time I held you here, in my arms. How come you're so rough and fussy now!"

Yuan was furious but his strength was no match for Song Xu, "Because I'm no longer the Bai Yuan you remember! Leave me alone!"

Song Xu wasn't going to give up either, "If you are not, then I will forcibly bring back that Bai Yuan! It's fun to tame the savage you know.."

Bai Yuan gawned on his teeth in frustration, "You're sick in your head! I'll never be the same ever again."

Song Xu picked him up from the chair and threw him on the bed. He ordered Junkai to tie him up to the bed with ropes.

"Junkai, you know what to do with this quack?" He spat while pointing at the doctor.

Junkai only nodded and kept binding ropes around Yuan's hands and feet. Getting a chance, secretly she whispered to Yuan, "Hang in there. They will be here soon."

Yuan was surprised to hear such words from an enemy but even in his memories, Junkai was never a bad person. She always spoke the truth and obeyed her master blindly. Maybe because she had none to turn to if she left her master.

After Junkai left the room it was only Yuan, all alone. The night was almost ending from what it seemed from inside. Suddenly, Yuan felt the roof tremble and vague noises coming.

"What's happening upstairs?"

***

Song Xu sat down on a chair in an upstairs room and was about to smoke some tobacco as he gracefully placed the pipe end on his lips, but then he heard the front door breaking. The sound was as loud as a rumbling. He lazily got up from his chair and went outside to see the ruckus, "Junkai, what're you-"

The moment he stepped outside of his room, he found a sharp straight-edged blade against his neck. The golden eyes that were shining in the darkness were bloodshot and furious. The smell of blood filled the room immediately. The voice that spoke was cold and ruthless, "Where is Yuan?"

Song Xu replied sternly, "You do not need to know."

The blade pushed ahead, spilling blood from Song Xu's neck, "Where is he?"

Song Xu tsk-ed, "I should have killed you then!"

Before even finishing his words, Song Xu and Wang Yiheng were clashing their blades with each other. Song Xu didn't forget to take advantage of Yiheng's injuries but Yiheng was determined to fight with everything. His leg and shoulder throbbed as he swung his heavy one-edged saber. Blood soaked the bandages rapidly but he was not stopping any sooner.