Chapter 31-Drunk and dusted

AN: Hi! Only a night to pass and it's <Notice Me, My Dearest!> First anniversary on wattpad. It's hard to believe that even with irregular, slow, uneven updates,  it received lots of love and over 213K reads. Credit goes to all of you who made this happen and gave me so much support! Just a Thank you won't be enough to convey my happiness and gratefulness!
♥⁠╣⁠[⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠]⁠╠⁠♥

***

After washing his hands, Bai Yuan came back from the rest room almost instantly and found a huge table of warm food decorated for him. By default, he forgot everything and sat down to eat. It was transparent to everyone that he was in an extremely bright mood.

"Woah! This looks incredible!"

Wang Yiheng returned a soft smile and poured him some drinks. Bai Yuan happily picked up the chopsticks.

"Thank you for the food!"

He ate until his stomach declared a riot against his unstoppable appetite.

"Honestly, this is one of the best cuisines, I have ever had!"

Yiheng refilled his empty glass and replied, "I'm glad that you liked it."

Bai Yuan was so happy that he swayed his body in response and chimed, "Truly happy!"

A maid came inside after seeking the permission and said to them, "Honourable guests, would you like to try some of our century old wine?"

Bai Yuan's gaze followed the wine bottle in that maid's hand and lingered there for a while in anticipation. But Yiheng wasn't really planning to add alcohol in their dinner menu. The reason was simple, they were to set off on their journey in the morning, hence, it wasn't a wise idea to drink.

Yiheng was going to say, "Thank you but-"

"We'll keep this, thank you." Bai Yuan got up at the speed of Usain Bolt and took the wine bottle from the maid.

The maid looked really happy at his decision, in hopes that she would get some extra pay for selling such an expensive wine tonight. On the other hand, Yiheng tried to stop Yuan, "Wife, we need to ride the carriage in the morning, you won't feel good if you drink tonight."

Bai Yuan sat down in his seat comfortably and like an experienced old man spoke, "You don't have to worry, I can hold my drinks really well."

"Still-"

"Let's have a drinking competition."

"!! No, I-"

"Excuse me, can I get another one of these?"

Wang Yiheng slapped his forehead. In the end, he was forced to an one sided showdown.

One cup

Two cups

Three cups

A few more thousand 'cups' later…

The previous maid brought another bottle of wine with a broad smile and skillfully poured in a cup for Yiheng.

Yiheng looked at the clear drink with mixed feelings. As soon as some memories came floating to him, he angrily slammed the cup at the table, making small cracks on both.

The maid got so terrified that she vanished from the sight almost immediately. But Yiheng moved his gazes to the person in front of him. Bai Yuan swayed his head from left to right as he sipped the wine and then gulped it down in one go.