Chapter 55- Cleaning Home 2

A.N: Helloooo.... Brace yourself, dearest, this one is a huge chapter! Since you all missed Yeye so much, here you go~

***

The room was quiet. Everyone had complex reactions glued to their faces, especially the Zhou siblings.

Zhou Shinyu gritted her teeth as she continued reading the paper she was holding, That can't be true. Father can't do this to me.

General Bai's aged yet firm voice broke the silence in that big room, "Shinyu, Keyu, It's time you go back to your father. He must be longing to see you two."

Zhou Keyu nudged his sister after hearing what General Bai said, "Sister, why is Uncle suddenly telling us to go back?"

Blood started to rise in Shinyu's eyes, after pulling herself together, she whispered to Keyu, "Because...our damned drunkard father told us to go home all of a sudden."

Keyu was shocked. He stammered out of anxiety, "What? That was not in our plan! Why did he contact us suddenly?"

Shinyu roughly replied, "How do I know? It'd have been better if he had died along with Mother!"

Keyu's face got distorted at the mention of his mother. It was their mother who introduced General Bai who one day came to their rescue in that poor pathetic state they were in. General Bai had a stoic face but his inner self was gentle and amicable. How their mother met the General was not their concern, they just wanted to leave that hell called home and only General Bai could save them. Fragmented flashbacks came to Keyu. Memories of General Bai taking them and letting them stay in his huge mansion. Giving them three meals a day and clothes to wear. His only condition was to spend time with the little fragile kid who barely left his room. Keyu looked at Bai Yuan who entered the room and took a seat beside his father. That fragile kid from that day was now all grown up and brimming with control over the whole situation.

His face became uglier at the thought of losing everything he gathered penny by penny. Almost impulsively, Keyu stormed out of the room with long strides.

Shinyu was trying to find words when suddenly General Bai inhaled a long breath, "Shinyu, your mother was like sister to me. She was kind enough to help a wounded stranger without thinking about the consequences. As she wanted to give you two a better place to grow up, I too wanted someone to stay beside my son when I was not around. Thank you for staying here with us. It's time you two find your own happiness and return to your home. Don't worry, I will arrange everything for you two to travel comfortably."

Tears came rushing to Shinyu's black eyes. In her mind she thought,

No no no I can't leave this place, not now. I have so many dreams to conquer. I already lost so many valuables I had in my room because of that damn bi-tch!

But with her sour mouth she said, "Uncle, you have been a blessing to us. You are like a father figure to us. We couldn't even repay the kindness you showed all these years. Please let us stay and help you."

Bai Yuan had a huge smirk pasted on his pretty face,

Got you, crazy 'sister'.

Wang Yiheng was silently watching the drama without popcorn and coke. But seeing Bai Yuan smile ear to ear even in such a moment, he was bound to be curious, "Yuan, did you do something?"

Yuan seemed to be in a great mood. He stretched his neck forward to whisper in Wang Yiheng's ear, "Yes. I did."

Wang Yiheng was not surprised, or maybe he was, but his face was so calm that one couldn't guess the emotions, "What are you planning to do?"