Chapter Four - Mood Killer Turned Lady Killer

Chapter Song - Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum

"My god, you need new socks babe," I tell Damien, staring at his black socks decorated with two large wholes. One where the front toe would normally be snug, but pokes through and another on the heel.

"Yeah yeah, Cara Mia," he waves off, as he leans on the side of the doorway to our laundry room. 

(my beloved)

I grab one of my t-shirts and flick it out to straighten it, before folding it, as I stand in the mound of our clean laundry, sitting as it waits to be folded. 

"Are you going to help me? Or just stand there?" I question, raising my brow.

He groans, but pushes himself off the wall and trudges his way over to me. "I'll help," he smiles, pecking my lips gently, before picking up one of his black t-shirts and folding it. 

"Oh, I need to go to Jack's today, check on him," I say, knowing I do this weekly and I finally have the time today since this week has been busier than usual.

Not only is Damien working a lot more with finding his father, his whereabout's and all that scrambling messed up crap. I've also been swamped with school work, because becoming a paramedic is exactly what I expected - incredibly difficult, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

He hums. "Come by the office after you've checked on him," he says and I nod my head. 

"You sure none of your employees will judge me this time?" I question jokingly, remembering the other day when I visited Damien and all the scowls and stares I gained. Especially my boyfriends apparent 'poker buddy'. 

I mean. I knew he played poker, just not with who because he always goes somewhere else. I'm assuming their house or some sort of club to play. I also have no want or need to play poker, it's confusing and - dare I say it - looks a little boring. 

Plus, I just don't want to intimidate them with what would be my obvious sheer talent for the card game. 

"If they do, I'll...fire them," he pauses, before answering. 

"You hesitated," I stop folding my lounge shorts and narrow my eyes suspiciously at him. 

He turns his gaze down to me, shrugging. "Just had to think of a fair punishment, thats all," he replies and I scoff. 

"Yeah, uh huh, thats definitely what you were thinking," I retort. 

He smirks. "Yep," he says smugly, popping the 'p'. 

I don't even want to know, I'll just take his word that he'll fire his employees, because thats 100 percent something my big, scary boyfriend would do. 

Totally. 

I roll my eyes and continue folding, having to stop a few times when he pairs the wrong socks together. It astonishes me that people are scared of his man, though he's obviously like this with no one else besides me, even with Miles and Leo. And his own brother.