Chapter Thirty - The Forgotten Fall Of My Naive Soul

⚠️TW: Contains Domestic Abuse⚠️

Chapter Song - I Found by Amber Run

"Look, just admit you did something wrong, and we can stop arguing." Trents voice is angry as we make our from the car to the front door of my house. 

"But I don't understand what I did wrong? Just tell me." I plead as I fiddle with my keys, my hands shaking in the fog of a steamy argument. 

His sigh is rough and sharp, so much so a few strands of my hair blow in front of my face at his strength. "The fact that you don't realise is upsetting." He chastises. 

"Did I say something? I don't understand. We were just talking about your game...and, and I don't know what I did?" I question, opening the door and he shoves past me, my shoulder banging against the door from his impact. 

I feel a constricting amount of emotion boil up in my throat, my eyes wincing as tears build up, but I breathe them away. "It's my football game! I'm the captain! Why would you talk about anyone of my teammates and how they played!?" He yells, his voice echoing out into the sleepy street. 

I flinch back, gulping, but remember to shut the door so his voice soaks only into me and not everyone else trying to sleep. "Oh," my voice is so hushed. "But he was the one you passed to most. I thought you worked well together." I keep my eyes down. 

"Whatever. If you want to talk about football, keep it to me," he tells me. "It's not like you know much about it anyways." He comments, before shrugging off his coat. 

My movements are cautious around him, shrugging off my outer coat as sweat trickles down my spine and my breaths remain a tip-toe quiet. I'll just stay quiet for now until he cools off, I can do that. You're not that chatty anyways. 

Or maybe I am? Was I? Am I?

"It's late. Lets get to bed." He says once he kicks his shoes off.

I follow him to the stairs, trailing close behind him, but far enough he won't burn me. Certain stairs creak under our weight, the trip to the top taking years, decades, and I focus on the family pictures on the wall to distract me. 

All smiles there, but I'm all tears here. "Did you need any extra-" my offering for an extra blanket on this cool night gets cut off. 

"You can't shut up for one second can you?" He turns as he stands on the top stair, me two steps below him. "God, I just need some silence for one second." He turns, his palm nudging my chest hard, and my foot loses balance, beginning my travel back down. 

The tumble down is a small tornado, and the last thing I remember is the bang of the bottom of my neck against the wall below, before everything goes out. It's all black, and I can't lie, it's all peaceful. 

***

I awake from a nightmare into another one. My pillow is soft and cushioning on my neck that I instantly hiss in pain from. My body is tense, as if every muscle and bone is constricted by ropes, and I'm a puppet ready to be forcefully shown.