Chapter Eleven - Can't My Past Leave Me Alone?

Chapter Song - Clean by Taylor Swift

"Daisy! Daisy!" Screaming comes from the kitchen, and I smile, knowing who's rushed into the apartment. 

Rushing to the kitchen, Miles catapults onto me, his arms wrapping around me tightly and I return his excited hug. 

"Let me see!" I yell, as he continues jumping up and down like a Kangaroo. 

He stops jumping, placing out his left hand in front of me, but tugs it away before I can see what the ring looks like on him. "Hey!" I exclaim.

"How'd you know I'm engaged?" he asks quizzically, looking down at me with a raised brow. 

I smile knowingly. "You really think Leo planned everything by himself?" I ask rhetorically, folding my arms over my chest.

"Hey! I could've done it!" Leo defends.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah," I wave him off. "Now, let me see, please!" I yell, stomping my foot with impatience. 

Miles smiles brightly, putting forward his hand and I see the vintage ring glimmer on his ring finger. "It looks amazing on you, Miles," I smile. "Congratulations," I tug him into another hug.

"Let me join," Leo whines, wrapping his arms around both Miles and I.

"Ugh, i'm so happy for you two," I gush, my smile bright and shining like a mirrorball. "Now we just have to plan the wedding," I say and Miles sighs dramatically.

"What theme? Decorations? Cake? So much," he lists off all the things they'll have to plan and Leo's eyes widen. 

"That sounds expensive," he adds.

I snort. "You'll be fine, plus your mums been saving for that anyways," I reassure him and he nods, remembering the college/wedding bank account Leo's mum set up for him ages ago. 

Though since Leo got a scholarship that pays for everything, he can use the saved money for their wedding. Which is a massive relief now that it'll finally be put to use. 

Very thankful Leo's mum didn't give in and let Leo spend that money on basketball merchandise. 

Parting, Leo Miles and I talk for about an hour more, before they leave to get home to their cat. I wonder how Damien would go with having a pet? I've actually never talked to him about how he is with pets or owning one.

Is he more of a cat or dog person? Both maybe. I mean the first few nights we met, he rescued some stray dog stuck in the rain.

Gosh, that seems so long ago now and truly, it was. Hopefully that dog got adopted by a nice couple or family. 

Heading into the kitchen, I begin packing up a packet of opened biscuits and some chips Leo took the initiative to open and gobble down like a fucking racoon.