Chapter Twenty Eight - The Forgotten Foe

Chapter Song - All The Way Up by Welshly Arms

"Eli?" I question, my voice breathless as I stand shocked. 

He glances at Damien, hands in the pocket of his black hoodie. Paired with a pair of rough black jeans, black military boots, and ruffled jet black hair, that further blanches his pale and tired skin. 

"Daisy." Damien's voice is in search; searching for another response from me. But all I can do is stare at him. Stare at his sunken eyes, straight expression - though hinted with nerves - and roughed self. 

It's then when the anger starts to sink in. When the memory returns of getting chucked into the back of a van, and strained by itchy rope, with a bag over my head. When the memory of being beaten with a bat comes back to play. 

I don't feel shock when I see Eli's face. Just pure anger. 

"Daisy." Damien's voice turns worried, and I know he can see my anger. 

Not caring about his worry, I grab the pitcher of water beside his bed, march up to Eli and throw it him, drenching him completely. But I don't stop there, and before either of us notice a red handprint stains his cheek. 

It's dead silent for a moment, before Eli says, "I deserved that." 

"You're a fucking asshole. And you're damn right you deserved that." I spit out. 

"I'm sorry. And thats not enough, I know," he says. "Damien made sure of that when I reappeared back in his life a year ago." 

"A year ago?" I exclaim, facing Damien, and he just sighs. "What did you do to him?" I ask, curious, although only partially. 

"Gave me a few punches, you can imagine," Eli answers, a small amused smile on his face. "I- look, I've always regretted what I did. And it wasn't because I wanted to, I was blackmailed, and thought I had no other choice." He explains. 

I only stare up at him. "I'm not forgiving you anytime soon. And maybe Damien trusts you, but I don't," I tell him. "But I'm stuck, and I want you both to explain everything to me. And don't leave out anything." I finish. 

"Come sit," Damien pats the space next to him. "We'll explain, it might take a while." 

I huff, rounding the bed, and taking a seat next to Damien. He presses a kiss to my temple, before grabbing my hand in his and interlocking our fingers. 

"How did you reconcile?" I question first. 

Eli takes a seat on a chair beside Damien's bed. "One of his men caught me. I was alone, and I wanted to at least try and get my friend back." He answers. 

"When I finally didn't despise him anymore, I finally let him talk about where he'd been," Damien says. "And who he was working for."

"Working for?" I question.