Chapter Ten - The Striking Signs of my Inevitable Affliction

⚠️TW: Mentions of Drug and Alcohol addiction⚠️

Chapter Song - Devil I Know by Suki Waterhouse

Three Years Ago - A few weeks before the beginning of Junior Year

"Is it a dinner? Fancy? Casual?" Miles pesters me with questions, as he sits on my bed, like he has for the past two hours. 

Leo sits against my headboard, a bag of Tostito's in his hand and crumbs all over his shirt, his help nowhere in sight. 

"Casual, but I'm only 70 percent sure it's a dinner. I don't know, he didn't specify. Trent just said he'll pick me up at 7 and to dress cute," I huff, my nerves spiking my brain with anxious, doubtful thoughts. 

"Helpful, but I can go on the brief information this 'Trent' gave you," Miles grumbles, standing up and whipping open my closet doors. 

"Babe, you've met him before," Leo comments. 

Miles flicks through my clothes. "When? At a party, because I meet a lot of people there and I hardly remember them," he sneers back.

I stay quiet as Miles and Leo continue to argue. Leo went to another party last night and came back here late and drunk out of his mind. It's not a usual occurence for Leo, but when it does happen, it angers Miles. Since Leo has tryouts soon and getting piss-faced drunk isn't ideal. 

"Miles, I got carried away, I'm sorry. I promised you it was the last time," Leo sits up, trying to calm his boyfriend down. 

"You said that last time," he retorts back. "Try this on," he turns, throwing a summer dress on my lap. 

I grab it, stand up and go behind my shyla. "Do you think I'll need a jacket? It's pretty hot today, but I'm not sure if the temperature will drop," I question to neither one in particular. 

"Bring a jacket, it'll get chilly afterwards," Miles answers. 

"Or don't bring one and he can give you his jacket," he replies and I can feel his smirk laced in his words. 

Zipping up my dress, I step around the shyla and narrow my eyes at Leo. "What?!" he exclaims. "It's a perfect romantic gesture," he reasons. 

I shrug. "Fine, I won't bring one," I agree with his reasoning of 'romantic gestures'. 

"Cute!" Miles smiles brightly. "Now leave your hair down, put some little gold hoops in and wear your converse," he tells me and I nod, doing as he says. 

"Miles, please forgive me, I can't handle when you're angry at me," Leo whines, crawling over to Miles who sits on the edge of my bed. 

I shake my head at his whining, placing my small gold hoops in. "Leo, I don't want you ruining your chances for basketball, It'll hurt me seeing you like that," Miles counters.