Chapter Thirty One - Furtive Schemes: The End of The End

Chapter Song - Where Are They Now??? by Emily Jeffri

"Daisy," I call for my fiancée whose stuck in a supermarket food buying daze. "Daisy." I say again, even if she's right in front of the trolley I've been stuck with pushing. 

She turns to face me, two packets of chips in her hands. "What? Did you need to sit down? Are you feeling sore?" She questions with worry. 

"No, I'm alright. It's just-"

"Oh, good. Keep moving," she cuts me off, and I sigh. I'm not sure why I agreed to go food shopping with her, when I could've just sent Rodney to save me. "You're not going to complain, are you?" She asks with an arched brow. 

"Nope, no." I clamp my mouth shut. Dammit. 

She smiles tightly. "Good," she says. "Now, we need to get some dips, cheese, and little appetisers. Then, grab some more things for dinner." 

"Do we need that much? It's not many of us." I question. 

I'm silenced with a pointed look. "We have six grown men sitting at the table who have the habit of eating like starved raccoons. So yes, we do in fact need this much food," she tells me. "Now, do you have any other questions? Or are you going to stay quiet and push this trolley around?" 

"Stay quiet." I say, and she nods. 

"Good." She smiles, before turning back around. I won't mention it aloud, because it'll half-piss her off and half-turn her on, but damn, that was hot. I'm like putty in her hands, and it excites my frightened side to how far I'd kneel down for her. 

But, I don't give a fuck. I'd kneel down on hot coals for her. 

Once we've left the shops, we're back home and I'm forced to sit and rest on the couch. Even if I've been cleared by my doctors and I'm back at work, I'm still not cleared by my Daisy. 

"You're helping me cook." Daisy spawns in front of me, hands on her hips. 

"I thought I had to rest?" I question coyly. 

Her eyes narrow in on me. "You're cleared, get up," she tells me, and I listen. "And you know when I mean you're helping me cook, that means-"

"I'm cooking. I know, sweetheart." I smile, leaning down and kissing her firmly. 

"Good," she smiles. "Now, keep up because we still need to get home and get everything ready before people show up." She says. 

Leo gave her the idea of throwing a 'welcome back' type party for me, since I refused for anything to be done at work. Daisy easily agreed because she said we needed to do something, and I can't say no to her. 

She also asked during sex, and well, it's a little hard to say no when you're so distracted

"I'm going to go get the dining room set up, are you alright to start dinner?" She asks, and I nod, pressing a kiss to her head. Once she leaves, I start unloading the groceries for dinner and appetisers, sorting out what I need before I get started.