Chapter Twenty One - Fatal Flirtations

Chapter Song - Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

"Coffee, coffee. Daisy, I need coffee. Please tell me you have it," Bianca groans as the three of us make our way into the kitchen. Half awake, half asleep, part of us wondering if we're alive and if drinking too much last night was really good idea. 

"There should be some made," I tell her, slumping into an island seat, my head in my hands. Naya takes a seat next to me, laying on her arms as she struggles to stay awake at the early hour of 10 am. 

Iris sniffs my feet, and I feel her fur brush over them as she wanders around the kitchen. Rodney kindly feeding her for me, knowing I have no energy to get up at this very moment. 

As she passes the three of us a mug of coffee, the memory of last night is the only sound that echoes through the quiet apartment. We may or may not of drunk a little to much at the bar, then at a club, and by the time it was the early hours of the morning we were slumped on the couch.

"I'm never going out with you two again," Naya whines, taking a sip of coffee as if it's taking every ounce of strength in her. Neither of us respond, all of us waiting until the coffee chemicals work inside our veins, bringing some sort of life back into our bodies. 

"I need food," I whine. "But I can't be stuffed to cook, so we're going out," I tell the other two. 

"To civilisation?" Bianca questions. 

I nod. "Out into the wilderness," I respond.

As we lounge in our quiet, the front door open and shuts with a slam too loud we all share a simultaneous groan. Rodney stands in the doorway, a rare shine of amusement in his steel grey eyes - ones that drift over to an embarrassed Naya. 

"Rough night?" he questions with a neutral voice, but amusement lurks beneath the surface. 

"Thats one way to describe it," I mutter. "Where were you?" I question, he doesn't usually go out in the mornings. 

He rounds the island. "I was feeding Venom," he says dryly, before I notice his eyes drift over to Naya. Eyes trailing down her figure and theres something different in the way he's staring, as if its a meal he's had, and now craves it more...

"Naya," I whisper, nudging her arm with my elbow.

"Mm," she hums, opening her eyes slightly. 

I nod my head to Rodney, who's too distracted by Naya to realise our private whispering. She turns, glancing to Rodney and when his sly eyes meet her tired ones, a furious blush of red bleeds onto her cheeks.  

"Did you say we were going out for breakfast?" she questions with panic. "We should probably go now, right?" she stands from the stool, grabbing Bianca and I's arm and yanking us away. 

We arrive back in the T.V room. Bianca and I confused and disheveled as Naya tries to fan away her crazy blushing. "Oh goodness, I forgot he was your bodyguard and that he sleeps here," she rambles, and I stare at her pacing figure with confusion.