Chapter Fifteen - The Enamouring Deception of Satan's Hellhound

Chapter Song - Begging For Thread by BANKS

Three Years Ago - Beginning of Junior Year

"So...they run and catch the ball, then touch down?" I question Leo's quick and terrible explanation of football. 

It's been an hour of diagrams, googling position explanations and scoring methods, and the game of football still makes no sense. It's just not interesting enough for me to actually care, even if we're watching Trent tonight. 

I'm giddy to see him again, we've gone on a few other dates and hung out a lot more which has been nice. Though this feels different. I'll be on his school grounds and he gave me his jersey to wear. 

In my books it all seems very official.

Leo says he'll ask to make it official tonight, but I'm not sure. He'll be busy with his game and the aftermath craziness, but who knows? Maybe I'll be surprised. 

Leo groans, falling back on his bed dramatically. "You know what, thats good enough. It's not like you'll actually be paying attention to the game," he smirks my way and I throw a pillow at him. 

"What?!" he exclaims with a boyish smile. "You know i'm right,"

"Whatever," I wave off, looking away from him to hide my blush. 

He snickers. "I can still see you, you're not hiding that blush from anyone. Especially your boyfriend," Leo's smugness earns him a glare from me. 

"He's not my boyfriend..." I say, though my voice drifts off unsurely. We're in that weird space of being comfortable with each other and acting like a couple, but no official names have been introduced. 

The murky abyss of wondering if you'll step on water or granite. One you can drown in and the other leads you to the other step. I just hope I don't fall through the murky abyss. 

We also have still yet to meet each others families, I mean technically I met his parents at the party a month or so ago, but I'm not sure if thats a proper introduction. 

"Yeah and I've finished my homework," he says sarcastically. "Look, I've known Trent for a while and I've never seen him like this around a girl. He's always just kinda just hooked up, maybe had a date for fun, but you've really nailed deep into him Daisy," his face his soft. 

"Nailed deep? What kind of description is that?" I question incredulously. 

He shrugs. "I'm not a poet like you, Daisy," 

"Thats not poetry, thats just bad description in general," I comment and he pushes my face away. 

"Hey!" I nudge him back, a fight brewing slowly as we begin nudging each other. Leo and I have a very brother and sister like relationship, it's been like that from the beginning.