Epilogue - End Of Beginning

Chapter Song - End Of Beginning by Djo

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Chapter Song - End Of Beginning by Djo

There's many feelings one can feel when they stare down at positive pregnancy test. Excitement, fear, anticipation, nerves, and just a bundle of everything above. 

I'm happy, ecstatic. And maybe the timing was a little earlier than I expected, than either of us were planning, but you can't plan children as much as you try. 

When it happens, it happens. 

Even if your wedding is in a month and a half, and you're running around ensuring everything is booked, planned, and perfect. Because even though I hired one of the best wedding planners in New York, I've always been an over-the-top control freak. 

And this - a positive pregnancy test - was not in the plans in this current time. It was in the plans, but on pages F, G, H, not pages D and E. But we digress. I digress, and smile because this is something I've always wanted. 

So what if it's a few years earlier than I expected? I'm settled in my job as paramedic, Naya and I partners which is the best - I literally get paid to hang out with my best friend. 

While saving people, also. Thats a major part of it, as well. 

But with the upcoming wedding, my head was just so out of it. I've not only been physically running around, but also mentally. So when I sat down to pee on a stick, I did it as a quick safety measure, as a 'just to be sure i'm not pregnant'.

Nope. I'm pregnant. 

"This is good. Earlier than we planned, but this stuff doesn't get planned." I tell myself, standing in front of the bathroom mirror. My hair is a little longer, just reaching my collarbone, and theres a gross taste in my mouth from vomiting just before. 

Now next, we have to tell Damien. Just Damien for now. 

Or until the wedding. Thats good. 

Heading into the walk-in-robe, Iris follows me with her happy little trot, tail up in the air. "You're gonna be an older sister," I tell her. "The best sister, too." 

Picking out a maxi dress, I slip on the black dress that is decorated with tiny red floral flowers all over. Zipping up the back so it tightens in around my chest area, flowing around once it reaches my waist. 

I slip on some black flats, and put on a bit of lipstick and mascara. "I'm going to the shops, you be a good girl for me Iris." I press a kiss to her head, before heading out the front door. 

Damien's at work right now, but he'll be home in over an hour, so it gives me a little time to put together a little surprise box for him to open. Also gives me something to do instead of sitting and waiting until he gets home. 

Target is pretty tame on a Wednesday during noon, which calms all these jitters running through my body. Like electric excitement just powering through my body, and also aiding in calming down that morning sickness.