Chapter Six - Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice

Chapter Song - Snowfall by Ingrid Michaelson

"No, I need the files on my desk by Monday. No exceptions," I say firmly into the phone, running a hand through my hair from the incompetence of some of my employees. 

Honestly, is it that hard to do what I pay them? 

I hang up the phone, placing it on the counter, my forearms leaned against the white marble pattern. My tie hangs loosely around my neck as I wait for Daisy to finish getting ready - which is hopefully soon, but she's always indecisive about what outfit to wear. 

Not that I care what she wears. I'd rather her naked and bare for me, but she looks like pure beauty in anything and everything. 

It's date night tonight, hence my dress pants and matching suit jacket, paired with a white shirt and black tie. 

Not all of our date nights are formally dressy, some consist of just seeing a movie and eating Chinese takeout on the living room floor. Though the past couple of weeks have been rough lately and I want to treat my girlfriend. 

The click of heels echoing down the hall capture my attention and my breath fades from my lungs in a millisecond when I see Daisy. My Daisy. 

I stand up right, my hand going over my heart in awe as I watch her alluring figure walk over to the entry way table and organise her purse. 

She hasn't noticed my stare, or my mesmerised eyes as I trail up and down her figure. She's dressed in a mid-thigh black satin dress, thin pieces of satin draping delicately over her bare arms. It's paired with a pair of simple strappy black heels and a pair of small diamond dangly earrings that I bought her last year for her birthday. 

Her chestnut brown hair is pulled back in neat slick back ponytail and her makeup is done as she usually does it - simple and natural. 

My legs move on their own and she turns at the sound of my footsteps, her face engulfing in a heart melting smile that makes every molecule in my body freeze with awestruck. 

She is the most beautiful woman on this planet. No, the whole fucking universe. 

"How do I look?" she asks, her big green eyes sparkling under the entry light. 

"Like mine," I answer and she shakes her head, her cheeks probably red under the makeup. 

She sighs, a light smile edging the tip of lips. "Always so flirty," she mocks and my smirk widens at her slyness. 

I grip her waist and pull her into me, one hand draping down to her ass and squeezing it, receiving me a surprised gasp. I bend down and place my lips on hers in a delicate kiss, the bright red of dark scarlet lips making the urge to fuck her lips uncontrollable. 

She smiles into the delicate kiss, it's light but flirty, though the intentions behind it are much less than just delicate and flirty

"We should go," she says, pulling back with a small smile, her finger brushing voer my lips to wipe of I'm assuming her lipstick. "Our reservation is soon and we don't want to be late and especially not to a brand new restaurant, how unpunctual of us,"