Chapter Eight - All Over the Place

Chapter Song - What I Like About You by The Romantics

Proposals. 

A loving, but stressful act of betrothal. I'm a confident, accepting woman, one who knows women can do anything a man can do and better. So I'm all for breaking down gender stereotypes...

But there's no way in hell I'm proposing. I don't match with the energy, and I'm to much of an anxious person to survive even thinking about getting on one knee to Damien. 

Even if it was just us and I know he'd say yes. I also have bad knees, so also add a touch of embarrassment. 

We can thank Trent for the bad knee problems. 

"Daisy, I'm freaking the fuck out," Leo paces in front of me, his eyes alarmed and hair tousled from running his fingers through it. 

Leo - obviously - is quite stressed at the moment, all over the place really. It's gotten so bad, i'm even freaking out a little and my heart is beating the same rate it does when i'm nervous or anxious about school work. 

"Leo," I say his name, but he continues mumbling to himself. "Leo!" I scream, making him halt in his step. 

I huff, standing up from my bed. "Leo," I grab his face in my hands, starring into his wide blue eyes. "I promise everything will be okay, and freaking out like this doesn't help anyone," I tell him. 

He sighs, but nods. "I know, I just- I want this to be perfect, I love him so much Daisy and I don't want to mess something up," he rambles out. 

"You won't and even if something goes wrong, doesn't mean it'll ruin everything, it may just make it all even better," I say and he nods, a small smile on his lips.

"Thank god I have you, Daisy," Leo smiles and pulls me into one of his bear hugs. I wrap my arms around his torso, pressing my cheek into his chest.

"Thank god you have me to," I joke and he snorts. I pull away, smiling softly up at Leo, my best friend of almost 15 years.

He's proposing to Miles tomorrow. I can't believe it. 

"Now, enough sappy sadness, we have a lot to prepare before tomorrow and I wrote us out a list," I tell Leo and he says nothing, just nods along. 

We move out of the bedroom and back into the living room. Damien relaxed back on the couch, his laptop opened out on his lap and the rare sight of his nerdy glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. 

He hardly ever wears his glasses, only ever if he can't be stuffed to wear his contacts, but I love when he wears them. He looks so sexy and reminds me of Henry Cavill in Superman, but when he's undercover as the nerdy guy. 

Leo and I sit on the couch, and I pull out my hand written list of everything we need to do today. 

"So, you're proposing in central park," I say. "We're gonna need to set up some sort of picnic, because he thinks it's a date, so we'll need a rug, pillows, basket, snacks and some wine or champagne," I ramble, Leo nodding along like a child.