Chapter 8

Jinhee. Boys. Jinhee. Boys. My eyes darted between my phone and Jinhee.

A war raged on within me. Me? I was a helpless bystander, watching the two battle for my attention.

The boys didn't stop texting me to come, and Jinhee didn't stop begging me to get her ice cream. My hands cradled my head, pressing my forehead against my pale palms. Think straight Minhye.  Think straight. After several attempts of trying to literally slap myself back to common sense, I've successfully earned the 'looney' title from Jinhee and the two guards that were watching me slap myself. They even started whispering whether or not they should call someone to send me to a mental institution. I tried to make them understand that I was in a serious dilemma, but that only earned weird gazes from them.

Despite my agony, with my final decision clear in my mind, I stood up to tell Jinhee. However, before I could even think of a way to tell her she had already caught my wrists.

"Minhye!" She dragged me to some random direction she wanted. "You promised! You told me with your own words,'I promise to hang out with my dearest friend Jinhee for the whole night.' You can't break your promise!"

My face morphed into a slightly confused expression from hearing Jinhee's imitation of me. Did I really sound like that?

As she continued to stomp her feet like a spoiled child, I held her hands reassuringly. "Well I'm not. You said you wanted to meet my students right? We're meeting them. Right. Now."

Jinhee looked a bit hesitant, but soon after followed me.

I took my phone and dialed D.O.

"Hello," I whispered, "I'm coming backstage, but I have a friend with me. Is that alright?"

He sighed, "Yeah as long as she doesn't cause trouble."

Looking back I found a whole image of Jinhee crossing her arms, muttering who knows what behind my back."Uh... Yeah. I'm sure she won't cause trouble... But first we need to get things straight. Are you guys really who I think you are?"

He sighed once more,"Don't ask me questions. That's why you're coming here, right?"

"But-" A beeping sound replaced our conversation. Once again he hung up on me. He really has to get rid of that habit.

Jinhee let out an audible yawn. I guess it was pretty late, and I did promised to get her ice cream and quickly drive her home, but here I am being a selfish person.

Reaching the backstage, two huge bulky men stopped us.  They both wore shades and  black t-shirts that had the word SECURITY pasted behind their back.

"Um... Sir, I'm the boys' tutor... I was wondering if I could pass through these doors to see them."

One guard smiled at me, "Sure, why not?" I enthusiastically grabbed Jinhee's hand about to walk in the two doors, but the men did not budge.

Instead they laughed."Hey, that's a new one!  Tutor! Fans are so delusional these days!"

Calling D.O. again, I backed out and ignored their childish behaviour. Turns out we had to wait a bit longer just until all the fans disappeared.

For the longest time, we waited there leaving my guilt grow larger as I watched Jinhee glare into space. We waited, waited, and waited until the one of the guards got a phone call. He nodded his head with every second that ticked by. I watched him lift his hand, and as he started turning around I felt myself lift from my seat. He turned the knob, revealing a blinding light.

This was the moment of truth...

Through those doors there they were. All twelve of my students marched out from their own dressing room.