Chapter 50

(CHANYEOL'S POV)

I entered the backstage and quickly the music from the concert drowned in a muddle of echos.

Silence slowly took over as I got deeper into the darkness. My senses were all on edge. It tried to find a single movement or hear a single sound. It was the only way I could find her, and there wasn't another second I wanted to waste just to see her.

Clank!

I turned to my right, and there far off in the corner was a person fidgeting with the sound systems. Her back was facing me, but it was the same girl I followed in here.

My heart dropped.

Could it be her? After all these years?

I took my first step, and after what seemed like forever, I was near enough to reach out and touch her.

All I needed was to get rid of the wimp that I made out of myself.

"Minhye?" My voice trembled.

Time froze, and for that second we were the only two people in the world.

She spun on her heels and when she had fully faced me, I felt my heart drown in the pain that it pooled up in me after all these years. I would've said it broke at the sight of her, but my heart was already shattered into fine dust that couldn't break anymore.

My knees went weak, and my brain had stopped functioning. I leaned over her and held her tight. She fidgeted a bit, but just let the moment be, but abruptly she shoved me away after a mere second.

"What the heck! Who are you!"

I had said my heart couldn't break anymore, but I guess it was another lie I had told my self. My heart broke.

She's forgotten about me.

"Chanyeol?"

My heart was pulled back up.

Or did she?

"You remember me?" I raised my eyebrows in hopefulness.

She smiled, "Of course your Park Chanyeol."

And in the instant I saw her smile I was forced back to reality, it wasn't her. Her smile wasn't the same.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She pointed to herself, "Minseok oppa's sister. Haven't he introduced me yet?"

I stepped back remembering how he had always said that Minhye reminded him of his sister, which was funny because she really did resemble her.

"Ah, sorry. I mistook you for someone else."

The girl smiled and stuck out her hand, "Kim Sonah, nice to meet you. Minseok oppa's dongsaeng in the flesh. "

I tried my best to smile bitterly as little as possible, before shaking her hands in return.

The concert quickly ended as people started flooding in backstage. I hid myself in the corner where the sound system was as I tried not to catch anyone's attention; it was too hard to keep a fake smile on, let alone feel or think straight.

This was just how I was. I always kept my hopes up, but in the end disappointment just came back to bite me.

Xiumin's sister, Sonah still hasn't left. She played around with the sound system, and occasionally glanced towards my direction full of curiosity. At least she didn't try to pry like others would.

People flooded the backstage, and I couldn't do anything, but focus on the massive hurt I was feeling. I really needed to see a psychologist.

The backstage gradually emptied, until Sonah and I were the only ones left. I looked up to her, and still she was messing with the sound system.