Chapter 44

(Chanyeol's POV)

Time has lost its sense in this dimension of nothingness. I don't know how long had it been since I've spent time in this darkness, but strangely I knew I wasn't alone.

There was someone else, and I felt their presence, but after trying to find them in this infinite darkness I've lost hope.

I've been curled up into a ball for how ever long now. There were voices whispering to me, but I refused to listen to them. They were a foreign language I forced myself not to understand, but when my mind actually wanted to work I was able to process some words.

Father...

Minah...

Minhye...

Hurt...

They were the only four words I was able to understand.

My father...

Minhye...

Minah...

Hurt...

Of how they were all related was still a mystery.

But right now I could assume everything to me was a mystery.

I was afraid. I know I was in this darkness for a reason. That reason could be for my missing puzzle peice, but strangely I didn't want to be a complete puzzle. Fear consumed me.

The last memory I have left off from, there was bloodshed. I wanted nothing from it.

Within a blink of an eye, a punch met my face.

Ah....Pain.... I must be in pain.....

As I fell onto the ground, water soaked me. A puddle caught my fall. Looking down at my reflection, I could see my face bruised, swollen, cut. When I looked up I saw the man who punched me. Every step that bounced off the ground made me quiver.

I want to get out of here. Someone get me out.

For once my legs listened to me, as I began to get up and run.

Run....

That was the only thing on my mind, but when I looked back I saw another person on the ground. Her long hair was disheveled, and her clothes were soaked red.

Minah?

At that moment I was split in two, but my body listened to my survival instincts. I kept running. Running, as if I actually believed there was an edge to this world.

Running might've been the biggest mistake of my life.

Ahh... So it's going to end here. I felt my knees buckle, as my whole body fell to the ground.

Lately there has been a new voice talking to me. It was a metallic echo of a whisper.

"Will you trust in me..." It angrily bounced of the walls of my brain. And it continued to echo to point that I couldn't even hear my agonised cries for help anymore. I was screaming my lungs out, and yet nothing.