Chapter 22

The instant we stepped foot in the house everyone took Kris away to aid his injuries. Some asked me if I needed any help, but I told them I was completely fine. Besides, Kris took my fall. So I was left with Chanyeol.

Apparently, Chanyeol passed out from the heat. They said it was completely normal for Chanyeol so I shouldn't worry, but who can stop a person from worrying about this happy little giant?

Completely satisfied with my job, I obeyed with no complaints. I also needed some distance from Kris. He's completely gone mad in my eyes if you ask me. Confessing out of nowhere, with no reason, no warning, and with the worst timing ever. It wasn't good. For my heart and wellbeing.

Chanyeol slept with his pillow swallowing his head. The light from the blinds gently scanned the curves of his face. His skin was fair,  fairer than mine, although he had quite a few blemishes.

Wait... Minhye.... What are you thinking....

Let's just say seeing him lying on bed made him look so... peaceful. It's so contrary to his usual self who was always fooling around with Baekhyun and Chen.

To get a better look of his face, I inched closer, but I failed to realize how dangerously close our faces were.

When I did, as if on cue, his eyes shot open, heavy breathing, and cold sweat on his forehead. I quickly pulled back to clear any misunderstandings.

Then, the most unexpected thing happened. He pulled me to into his arms, with my head against his chest. His heart beat furiously, as he started muttering.

"Minah... Minah..." He repeatedly mumbled that name, until I felt his tears fall down on my head. His tears didn't fall individually, instead it flowed down like a flood.

I tried lifting my head, but his arms held me tightly. The thumping of his heart drove me insane, the constant sobbing made me want to cry along, and him constantly calling 'Minah' just....

Broke me.....

What was happening?

Was something wrong?

And more importantly who was Minah?

Finally, I was able to break free from his grip. I tried to find him in his eyes searching through the deep brown as I wiped every tear he wept, but my efforts were useless.

What can make this person, who's just full of happiness, break like this?

"Chanyeol look at me... Look at me.... It's Minhye... I want you to tell me what's wrong..."

His breathing soon slowed down, only just letting a few hiccups escape.

"Minah... Is that you?"

I played along.

"I'm right here, Channie."

He winced upon hearing his name.

He shook his head in disbelief, "You're not hurt. Thank goodness you're okay. Minah, forgive me." His voice cracked once more into an airy whisper.

Once again I was in his arms, but this time he held me tighter.

The more I resisted the tighter he held me.

"Chanyeol! I---Cant---BREATHE!"

I managed to yell out my last word.

No not an attack. Not now.

When I started losing my consciousness, the door suddenly burst open. All the boys ran to us in urgency, quickly pulling Chanyeol off.

I was left on the bed, clenching onto my heart, while wildly coughing. I fought back the tears that welled up in my eyes.