Chapter 25

A huge empty darkness devoured me. An empty echo of a repetitive beeping sound teased me. Paralysis emprisoned me.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

I felt a warm sensation on my arm.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

I felt my fingers curl into my palms.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

I felt myself breathe.

OPEN YOUR EYES!

That simple fact made me want to cry.

Finally I felt my eyes struggle to open despite the dried tears that glued my lids together.

Finally I saw light.

Finally...

The beeping got clearer, the darkness morphed into a pure white, and I finally had control over my body.

My arm....

I found a head on top of it resting soundly. I made sure not to make the slightest movement, cautious not to wake the figure. However, it still felt my consciousness, rising from its slumber.

My eyes pushed to focus, my mind spinning trying to form the figure's identity.

"It's D.O." a voice answered.

Like a camera the multiple overlaying images I saw all layered up into one.
It was D.O. He was staring at me with heavy eyelids, but his expression had not changed and his mouth had not moved. Guess my conscience was speaking to me.

Then if there's D.O. where was I?

"The hospital." Another voice echoed.

I was beffuddled. How are you speaking to me? Have I awakened a new identity within me? Like in those dramas Kill Me Heal me.

"No you're just delusional." The voice answered. My eyes clicked one more time, and to my dismay found D.O. speaking to me, not the new identity I assumed I created.

I felt my self swallow a little bubble of air brushing against my dry throat. "Was I thinking out loud?"

D.O. nodded walking over to the counter behind him handing me a glass of water.

"Thank you," I croaked and as soon as I felt the cold dew of the glass against my hands I couldn't help but drink every drop of of water in it.

"So why am I here?" I cleared my throat trying not to choke on the water that was still going down my esophagus.

D.O. shrugged, "They told me you had an asthma attack." Right, I was chased out my own house. I ran and all I remember were the loud beeping sounds that attacked  me.

"Why are you here?" I asked still trying to figure out what my secret my mind was keeping.

He took out his phone, "I was the most recent person you contacted, so they decided to call me."

"Wait, why am I.."

A sudden jolt of pain attacked my head, forcing everything to fall into place.

"My house... My dad... Cars... My scholarship... My scholarship... WAIT! WHAT TIME IS IT!"

I held D.O. by his collar, desperate for an answer. With his eyes wide from shock he stuttered, "Fi-five pm."

"7 hours late! I need Ji Won! She needs to tell her mom! D.O. do something! I need Ji Won! I need Ji Won!"

I felt my blood boil and veins pop out of my neck. An unknown anger stirred up my whole entirety. This was my only chance to get into a school, and I couldn't believe I let it all slip away. I felt so useless. No matter how hard I tried I could never achieve anything on my own. I was always dependent on the people around me. And I hate myself for that.