Chapter 45

Chanyeol's POV

Darkness consumed me once more. I was back in the nothingness, and I could not do anything but cry.

It hurt to finally know, but I never knew it hurt even more to have not known.

I knew I loved Minhye one way or another, but I never knew that I had loved her all this much.

This feeling was far too overwhelming. If I had cried for her before, now I would had died for her.

This feeling is far from what I had imagined to be. It's like knowing that chocolate has always been sweet, but not actually tasting its sweetness. Now that I've tasted it's sweetness.

I could go insane.

Minhye was so close to me, and to think that I never had known what I was actually feeling for her. I thought I loved her, but it was more than that. It was this profound feeling that I've built up all these years.

And since I had never tried to reach out to her, regret now haunts me.

I stared down at my trembling hands trying to catch all my tears.

As time stood still a silent melody played in my head.

It was perhaps something I composed or heard somewhere at sometime. All I knew was this song spoke to me.

It was calling to me, showing me the past.

"You're always happy? What's up with that?" I asked.

The girl before me stared into the bouquet I had given her. It wasn't anything special. It was just a bouquet of wild flowers I had picked on the way. Her gentle smile made the flowers glow, and the slight creases of her crescent eyes was luring a smile out of me.

I coughed out and stiffened my frown.

"Hey, you still didn't answer me..." I said and looked away focusing on the stitches of my sweater. I didn't want to seem interested, but that was practically my biggest question in life.

How do people stay happy when there's so much darkness in life?

How can they create an artificial light?

How can they live this huge make believe?

Minhye was a girl who reminded me of my own father.

And I had always thought that I wasn't my father's son for being so opposite of him.

He gave me multiple lectures of becoming a 'happy virus' to the world, but it never worked for me. The only one that really understood my skepticism was my mother.

She told me that when she had met my father she found true happiness.

It worked like that, and she became a happy person.

I found Minhye and I found her happiness.

But can she answer my question?

I felt the silence hover over us. It was strange too because Minhye wasn't the kind to keep a question hanging.