Chapter 47

(Minhye's POV)

"So your saying you fell asleep only to remember your past?"

I picked on the flowers the boys has given me. The petals were velvety against my little finger tips, and the tint of purple it gave out burnt into my mind. It was a bold and deep color.

"Minhye, you in there?" I looked to the side and subtly bobbed my head. Xiumin carefully observed me trying to keep the smile he wore.

"Okay then... Anyways as I was saying all we need now is to wait for Chanyeol to wake up."

My breath unknowingly hitched by the sound of his name. Xiumin bobbed his head still intently watching my every move. He wore an unreadable expression, probably confused about everything that happened.

All the boys were confused too, but they knew better than to pry.

As seconds passed by, I caught Xiumin's gaze. At first he was taken back, but returned a warm smile.

I smiled back, but I guess he noticed my uneasiness. He walked towards me and held my hand.

Even without knowing my situation, he just knew how to make it better.

"Minhye, I don't know what you're going through, and I can't say I know what you feel but I can say one thing. Don't let yourself get caught up in the past. Whether it's with Kris, or the past that you saw. Don't let them define who you are."

I let out out a breath that I was holding and bit the bottom of my lip.

Maybe even that little pain could distract me from my mind who was practically running a marathon.

Before I could even process all his words though I heard him shout, "Minhye your lips are bleeding!"

Almost instantly I unbit my lips and covered it with my elbows. All the boys rushed to my side startled by Xiumin's outcry.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I tried telling them, but that didn't stop them from worrying.

I cowered into my elbows trying not to break out in tears.

I didn't deserve all this affection.

All this care.

All their worry.

As soon as the boys came into my life, they became family, but now that I thought back I didn't deserve anything that was happening to me.

I benefited from them more than they ever did from me. I wasn't even a good tutor, or even a producer so what was my role in anything that helped EXO?

I didn't really do anything.

The door slid open finally making the boys scatter away from my bed.

I caught a glimpse of the two people who entered.

It was Minah and Chen. They were bickering with each other, but after sensing the atmosphere in the room they silenced themselves too.

"Oh now that we're all gathered and Minhye's awake, I could finally discuss the matters regarding Kris." Minah said probably hoping that it was the right time to talk about it.