Chapter 23

(Chanyeol's POV)

Sparks of red, orange, and gold flew around in the center of our circle. Everyone sat around a small pit of fire, totally immersed in their own little worlds. After telling Baek everything in my dream, normal has returned because everyone decided to disregard my recent outburst. Most of the members settled with my small lie. I told them I was just having a nightmare, and they decided it would be for the best to trust me. I really wanted to apologize to Minhye, but she was one of the few that was missing from the group.

13 years old. The last time I saw her....

I shook my head, trying to brush off all the thoughts about my past.

A frustrated groan flew out from inside the house. Out came Minhye, beet red, with her hands clawing into her bushel of her. Kris was behind her repeatedly saying "Chingu".

They stole everyone's attention away from the fire, as Kris seated himself while Minhye stayed standing.

"Guys, I just have something quick to say." Minhye said.

This time she didn't stand on a table, like she usually did, instead she stood firm on the ground.

"I wanted to tell you guys once you passed the test, but..."

She looked back at Kris.

"I guess it's more appropriate to tell you guys personally..."

The boys and Ji Won patiently waited in their seats.

"Well you see, I got a letter from your company, and they actually told me that there's like a 99.9% chance that you guys will pass every single test up ahead, so they decided to just give you one big test for every single subject."

Her eyes skimmed everyone's gazes, as she put up a 1 with her fingers.

Summer the season I lost her.......

"You only need to finish one more test and you guys could be performing again.."

The boys broke out in excitement; even Baek who's been silent this whole time started to bicker.

22 years old. 10 years later I met Minhye....

"So I just wanted to have this trip, so I could do something enjoyable with you guys..."

Summer.... Because of Minhye I remembered all these things that just slipped away from my memory.

"But unfortunately..."

Exactly 11:22 p.m. of another summer night....

"This will be the last time we're ever going to see each other."

My heart starts beating again...This shouldn't affect me...

"So, what I'm trying to say is my last farewell..."

I shouldn't feel anything, right? I loved Minah... Not her....

I should be numb, but why does it feel heavy....

Why is my heart beating for this woman, when she has nothing to do with me....

"I'll be leaving early tommorow, so I won't be seeing you guys after tonight..."

No, I only feel this way because of my confusion between Minah and Minhye....

"That's all.."

I felt a silent tear down my cheek, but no one noticed me. I sat in the darkness. I simply shed one tear, no more no less... It only makes sense, because it's all just confusion.... Yeah... Confusion...