Chapter 39

A/N

Okay, before we start I just wanted to warn you guys that this chapter might be extremely confusing.

I completely understand if you don't get it so feel free to ask any questions.

Also to make things easier, whenever there is a flashback, it's always Kris's POV.

》》》》《《《《

Flashback while Kris was in China.

(KRIS'S POV)

The crowd before me echoed a wave of cheers. This was it.

This was our stage. The loud booming of Wolf vibrated our floor and slowly morphed into Growl.

The adrenaline rushed through the boys' veins. They were dead tired, but something far greater were pushing them to continue performing. Passion.

"Alright good job boys! Go ahead and get some rest. We have a schedule at 3 am."

Our Manager walked around to grab our stuff as he rubbed his once heavy eyes. Now they looked alive, probably because he slept through our performance like he usually did.

I watched his every move, the gears in my brain turning."Hyung, the members need more rest. Can't you just cancel the appointment."

His look stiffened and shot lasers at me, "Yi Fan, come here."

He raised his hands and motioned me to get near.

As I looked down I avoided his burning stare. "W-what is it Hyung?"

Casually he set his heavy arms on my shoulder and seeped a cold aura, "You know by lessening your schedules you're pulling your group down." His voice trickled to merely a whisper, "I haven't even gotten paid since you guys debuted. We need this money. We don't want the leader to be dragging down the group, do we? You got that?" He distanced himself and muttered something under his breath. I could barely hear it, but it was clear enough to understand. His words were heavy. "The only reason you good looking faces are popular is all because of what we managers do."

Looking back at the members I watched all of them trudge around the room.

All on their phones, barely eyes open. They all had smiles though. They enjoyed this, even through all the pain and suffering.

Manager-nim looked at me probably wondering why I was still standing in front of him. I moved to the side a bit and replied, "I understand sir. I'm sorry."

His hand firmly patted my back, and as he got farther away I felt the small smile he had pasted on his face.

A smile of a winner.

》》》《《《

"What are you doing! If you really want to help this group you're going to let me in this room!"

I stretched my arm out and blocked the person before me. Our manager.

"No. They need rest." The boys had reached their limit. They needed rest and he knew that. The boys knew that. Some even had injuries, but none complained because they knew it would be pointless.

"Kris! Get out of the way! If we reject this offer we won't be able to land another photoshoot in China ever again!" His hands made it to my shoulders and shoved me out of the way. I rebounded and grabbed his arm that was reaching out to the door knob, but before I could pull him away his other arm swung in front of me.