Chapter 54

The whole lobby of the building was cold in silence, everyone's heads turning to our only enemy.

"Well isn't this sad. You guys are having such a huge party, and I wasn't even invited." Kim Young Min cocked his head forward keeping his eyes glued to mine. He didn't blink an eye at anyone else, his gaze burning straight into my own challenging me to break in the spot. He knew that I was the cause of all of this. He was fully aware of what was happening in the company.

I just hadn't considered he would actually show his face after all he's done to us. Guess all he really had was his pride and not an ounce of shame.

I kept my head up feeling my stomach sink lower. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

Young Min took a step forward and broke the comfortable distance people usually approached you at.

I froze unable to bring out the words I've prepared these past three years just in case I had to face him like this moment. All I really managed to do was count the amount of times I wanted to pull my hair out standing dumbly in front of him.

Another step, and instantly I felt my knees go weak. Before I could break though, someone snatched me behind them. Kris.

His eyes were filled with that lethal ice he usually held. "Don't you ever touch her."

Young Min's eyes visibly brightened. "Ah Yifan! Long time no see."

Kris held his breath as he squeezed my hands tighter. Out of all the people SM played he would probably be the most hateful of Young Min. He's suffered so much just because of this one man.

"I-it's over Mr. Kim!" I gulped feeling my dry throat as everyone's heads turned to me surprised that I was able to talk back. I was surprised too if I say so myself.

Kris gave me a look, but I managed to shake his hand off and stepped forward to settle this once and for all.

"Th-this the end," why am I stuttering, "Youngmin-ssi." I swallowed a breathe and steadied my breathing, "The news reporters will come any minute now and your whole game is over!"

I dug my nails onto my palm and swallowed another lump in my throat.

Youngmin stuffed his hands in his pockets and finally broke his gaze away from me. He cackled. He held onto his stomach and for a good minute he laughed.

My heart dropped. My efforts were futile.

Youngmin stepped forward, "You really think a petty little girl will take me down." Another step, "Don't you know how powerful I am." Another step, "You must be really stupid." Another step, "You'll never succeed."

I leaned back and and held in the tremble of my voice, but just as I was about muster up my courage Youngmin finished with his sentence in almost silent whisper, "You're trash just like your parents."

The anger inside of me boiled up and my mind rendered void of any common sense. I felt my hand rise up lining up with his face, and just as I was about to make contact someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Kris let me go--" I pulled but his grip tightened to the point I felt his fingers dig into my arm, "You're hurting me!!"

I stopped pulling and stared at the person before me my mouth agape and my eyes opened wide. It was Chanyeol. He shook his head before letting me go, or to be more exact pushing me to the ground. I dropped onto my bottom watching his back turn to me and faced Youngmin with his still visible smirk.

"Yeol, what are you doing?" Baekhyun appeared out from the crowd and tried pulling Chanyeol back, but Chanyeol sent him a glare making him step back in hopelessness.