Chapter 36

It's been weeks and slowly the boys' comeback grew closer and closer.

Their excitement was overwhelming, but they all worked it off through never ending practice.

As for me, I tried to work as hard as them and with John we were close to finishing the album plans and most of the time we observed the boys also practicing with them too.

This way we would somehow be able to feel how they felt, but they practiced 10 times harder than us. Almost to the point of insanity.

I had never seen the boys so excited and passionate before. It was their second comeback, and all I can pray for was for their success because these boys deserved everything after working this hard.

As for Kris and I?

We decided to stay incognito, but what was the point when he was by my side all the time?

Whatever chance he could take he would be with me. Whenever we would eat, every morning when we woke up, and every night to say good night to me. I'm pretty sure the boys were aware, but they said nothing of it.

And you know love is ironic. One day I say skinship is disgusting, but whenever its with Kris I feel no anxiety. I feel no disgust. I liked it actually. His occasional kiss on the cheeks and tight hugs. Whenever he holds my hands and his little habit of pressing them against his cheeks. I loved it all. What we had was simple. Nothing too complicated like in those romance dramas. Just Kris and I. It was just us.

I'm not complaining. He is so sweet. I could've never asked for more.

As the days passed, it was harder and harder to see him because of all the work that had to be done. Most of the time the only time I saw him was during our meals, and at those times we didn't even talk much because their time was limited.

Luckily, I wasn't alone suffering.

John was there, and occasionally Jiwon would visit. We became like sisters, and for the first time I finally found family other than my mother.

My parents? Well they were busy like the usual. Even before when I had my normal life my mom was always busy, so that wasn't a problem.

Anyways, just as I was saying Jiwon became like my sister. We would go out and explore the city and even invited Jinhee to be with us. I told them about Kris, without his mentioning his name of course, and how he just swept me like a whirlwind. I told them how I sometimes felt lonely since we've just started and we were already spending time apart, but Jiwon like a good older sister gave me some advice.

She explained that she felt the same with Lay, without mentioning his name too, and told me to distract myself with the work I was given and to treat it as a way to support my special other.

Jinhee felt the most left out.

Though she sometimes strayed off to talking about boy groups, she finally confessed that she was interested in somebody.

Of course I started to pry. It shocked me at the same time scared me. She didn't act like her usual fan girl self, instead she shyly talked about him.

I was grateful, grateful that my friend was actually growing up, but after her whole story only then I found out that her little 'crush' was one of the members.

Just her luck.

She was going to stay as a fan girl her whole life.

My days continued like this, but unknowingly I grew lonelier.

It came up to the point I wasn't able to see the boys anymore. Most of the time they slept in the company building leaving me by myself in an empty dorm.