Chapter 46

(Minah's POV)

"She still hasn't answered."

My phone warmly rested in the palms of my hands. It's been an hour since Minhye and Chanyeol lost consciousness, and I've been trying to do everything to get in contact with Minhye's mother, but my call kept on getting rejected.

I had too many things to worry about. Minhye, Chanyeol, Minhye's mom, and him.

Now that I was back in Korea there were many things I had to get situated, and I just didn't know how to get started.

I sat quietly on the little sofa next to their bed listening to be the monotonous beeps that came out of the machines. Those beeps represented the heartbeats the two people who changed and saved my life.

I was close to falling asleep when the dull beeping of the machines woke me up with a start. At first it took me a while to realise what was happening, but when it hit me I instantly rushed to their bedside.

Minhye's heart monitor was out of control building up the tension in the room.

I frantically tried to find the source of the problem, but with a loss of hope I rushed out screaming for a doctor. The split second before I could fully exit I heard nothing but one long continuous beep.

Minhye?

My surroundings silenced and in my ears I could hear nothing but that one excruciating sound.

All the boys that were waiting outside turned their head to me, and all in one breath I ordered every single one of them to get the doctor.

I was yelling in a state of panic, but the strange thing was I could not hear my voice or the panicked murmur of the boys at all.

It was as if the world wanted to mock me. The long flat beep wanted to rub it in my face that there was a possibility that I could lose Minhye.

I couldn't lose her.

Not now. Not ever.

When the boys dispersed to find the doctor I rushed back in the room begging Minhye to hold on to her life as if that would help the situation at all.

I locked my hands with Minhye's and I could do nothing but pray. It wasn't fair for her to just end her story. She had much to do.

Tears flooded down my cheeks with fear pulling down at my throat. It was hard to breathe, even harder when all my memories with her came rushing back to me in that split second.

Minhye's family was my former 'family'. They were supposed to be my family.

I was an orphaned teen no one wanted to adopt, but Minhye's family gave me even the slightest bit of hope. They were the only ones accepting of me and my troubled self.

I've always liked to live depressed. I was just one of those people, but Minhye was different. She was the opposite of me, and to me she could've been my greatest sister.

But I was never adopted into their family.

Things happened and Minhye's dad began to change. I was hurt.

More specifically shot by her father, and when I woke up I was in America with a new family.

John's family's.

I had no memory of Korea.

And there I grew up living with a missing a part of my life.

It was only recently that my memories came back. And I was back in Korea to patch things up.