Chapter 49

(Chanyeol's POV)

"Hyung, what time are we attending the concert?"

Sehun stuck out his head out from the bathroom mumbling his words as he brushed his teeth.

Xiumin then finished tying his shoes as he looked up to his donsaeng, "It should be at 7 tonight. Mark gave us free tickets and they're all VIP seats."

Sehun accepted his answer as he continued on with his morning.

NCT was the biggest group in Korea. They were so big that SM didn't really care that they lost all the other groups.

There was a part of me that held bitterness against them for outshining us, but some of the members didn't really care and even supported our juniors.

Especially Xiumin who supported Mark right when he was a rookie.

Our day went on as normal with our individual activities.

Baekhyun and Chen took over Ryeowook's role of hosting Kiss The Radio. D.O. shot his dramas. Kai and Sehun did their modeling jobs. Xiumin mentored SM rookies and appeared on several variety shows. And Suho just recently started his acting classes.

As for me I was usually at home composing.

Though we had things to keep us busy it wasn't what we enjoyed doing the most; to preform onstage.

The night came and the boys eventually met up at NCT's concert site. The stadium was full and occasionally fans recognised us, but were too distracted by the boys on stage too even pay any special attention to us.

It was another relaxed night, and I actually liked having the peace our died down popularity gave us. It was nice.

The concert started out like the usual. The boys killed their small dance intro making the fans go crazy for them. It was impressive. They did what SM artist usually did onstage. They derped around occasionally offering some fan service.

Soon the night was almost to an end. The NCT boys were saying their farewells.

"Ah we feel very honored to be appreciated so deeply today. We just want to thank the fans that came from us and the people who made us into who we are. So before we end the night we just wanted to show you a quick video."

The cameras started rolling in the VCR, and the first thing that came out was 'SM TOWN' in big letters.

NCT began to sing 'Without You' and as soon as the next clip played the crowd went up into uproar. Heads were turning, cameras were clicking, and audible sobs came out from no where. The boys were lost too...

(Play Video...)

It was a compilation of all the former SM artists including us. And as the clips continued the fans got louder. The boys continued to sing regardless.

And in the end of the VCR was the message of, "WE STAND AS ONE"

Though the video stopped NCT continued singing, and one by one different voices joined them in the dark. It became an anthem in the stadium. The crowd began to sing and soon the air was filled with everyone's united voices. Even the boys were mindlessly singing along.

"Let's go," All heads turned to Xiumin.

"Where?" Suho asked.

Xiumin simply smiled and motioned us to follow him. Naturally the boys formed into a line holding each other by the shoulders to keep order.

Everything was dark so it was hard to see where we were heading, but as soon as we stopped the lights on the stage poured down on us.

For a moment it was blinding, but it gave off the same feeling of our debut.

We were finally on stage. I looked around dazed and behind us were our juniors, NCT.

But they weren't alone. Behind them were Kris, Tao, Luhan, and Lay.

My heart shook and my knees threatened to collapse.

They were all in one line smiling at us as they walked towards our direction. And when they reached us we accepted them in one hug, and even if I didn't realise it until later we were all bawling.

The stadium was now filled with music and heartfelt cries. When the boys pulled away from each other we found other artists onstage too. After disappearing for a year they came back. Kai was running up to Taemin screaming out nonsensical words, and Suho was on his way to greet Girl's Generation. Sehun on the other hand kept staring at F(x) hesitation evident in his actions. Course, he probably wanted to greet Amber. The rest of the boys merged with Super Junior joking around with our sunbaes like the old days.

The audience was forgotten as we began to simply mingle with our old friends. Joy overwhelmed the stadium, and there was nothing more that could've touched my heart even more.

"Yo Channie," I turned around to see a friend I haven't talked to for years.

"Krease," I bobbed my head and smiled.

He laughed in return as he took me into his arms. He was mumbling words, and when I complained that I couldn't understand him he pulled away and scoffed like his cocky little self.

"I said you did great!" He yelled through the music.

Did great?

When I stared at him in utter confusion he only gave me a quick pat on the shoulders before leaving me to greet other people.

I was alone again. I scanned the stage and found NCT still singing their hearts out.

Were they the ones who planned all of this?

I gravitated towards them. I've always felt bitter against them, when in the end they'll be the people who fixes all our problems.

"Uh hi, I just wanted to thank you guys for planning all of this." I bowed down to one random member with bleached white hair. His eyes got larger as he pointed to himself in question.

"Me?" He asked.

I stood up straight and smiled, "All of you guys. I just wanted to thank you." Then someone bounced in with a bandana wrapped around his head now with black hair.

Despite his tough image he seemed bright and friendly, "Don't thank us, there was someone who told us to join them."

He looked around scratching his chin,"Ummmm, where are they?"

He peered through the crowd. I tried to follow his gaze only to get lost in the end.

"Ooh, there! There she is!" He was jumping up and down in excitement.

My head quickly jerked towards the direction he was pointing to, and through the huge crowd I saw a girl walk into the backstage, giving me no time to see who it was.

I began to push through the crowd.

If my gut feeling was right...

"Um excuse me. Coming through."

And if I wasn't hallucinating...

"Ah mian, I don't have time to talk right now."

It could the girl I yearned to see all these years.

It could be her.

If you want to support the story visit my ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/trulyasolomon