Chapter 24

(Minhye's POV)

Every tree that passed by waved goodbye to me, with every single raindrop decorating their leaves. 7 a.m. It's been three hours since I've gotten on this bus back to Seoul, leaving two more hours of me contemplating my life. I can't believe it. I can finally go to college, get a proper education, then finally become a teacher.

I was on my way home so that I could check up on my dad before I meet up with SM. I was suppose to meet with Ji Won's dad to discuss my reward for teaching the boys, but Ji Won told me that her dad was busy, so I'm meeting up with her step mother instead. This moment is yet again one of the last moments I'm going to be visiting my grandma. I can only see myself visiting her once again I finally become a teacher. Now grasp that reality Minhye.

After dozing off for two more hours, I finally reached home. Dragging my suitcases to the front door, all I had on mind was to go to sleep. Even though all I did on my trip back home was sleep, I still couldn't get enough of it.

A few more steps then I would be inside my cold air-conditioned home. After rummaging through my pockets, I finally got a hold of my key. As I hopelessly tried unlocking my door, I only stared at my door knob. For some strange reason my key wouldn't make a full turn like it should have. Still half asleep, I threw my keys down to the ground like some crazy drunk woman.

The only thing left to do was bang on the door until my dad wakes up from whatever nap he was taking.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

As soon as I lifted my eyes, a paper with bold red letters appeared before me.

EVICTION NOTICE

I laughed to myself... I must be dreaming.... My name can't be on this paper.

Skimming through the paper, I found both my name and my dad's name in fine print

What...

I can't be be evicted from my own house! This is my mom's property, and she left it for me and my dad. I continued banging on the door, until it burst open refraining me from beating up the door any longer.

"What do you want!" A loud voice roared at me. A shirtless man with a big built, facial hair all over his face, and a fierce glare materialized before me followed by a random lady who looked like she barely had anything on. She hooked her arms around his neck.

"Who's this brat?" The lady asked with a snarky voice.

I gripped onto my bags tightly. Be strong, Minhye. Be strong.

"Th-this is my house."

The man brushed his hair back, lighting up a cigarrete right in front of my eyes. The smoke tightened my breathing, making my eyes tear up in the process. I hate smoke.

He took a good mouthful of the smoke, as the cigarrete grew shorter, before blowing it into my face. As a reflex I hid myself within my elbows and closed my eyes, but still failed to completely block out the smoke from my lungs.

I coughed wildly as I tried to dodge the path the smoke traveled on. When I opened my eyes, I found myself crouched down between my knees.

I heard the man laugh at me. "An old man sold me this house." He went near my ears, leaving me frozen in fear. "I never knew such a little innocent girl comes with the package."

As soon as his hands touched me, I was struck with a lightning of goosebumps. Instantly, I knew I had to run. I grabbed my suitcase and kicked the man in his crotch to delay him from doing anything else to me. My legs started to throbbed and my heart started its boxing match with my chest. Anytime now I'll run out of oxygen. I saw the man watch me run, cursing me with all the words he could think of. Although, I knew that he wouldn't chase after me, I kept running. Something in me created a strange nonsensical fear. Every street corner ran past me, slowly eating my stamina away.

Finally exiting the neighborhood, I've made it out to the main streets, but where was I suppose to go? I kept on mindlessly running, with no control over my body.

Minhye! It's safe now! Stop running!

With one step on the black top, I heard all the cars shout at me. BEEP! My lungs turned into lead, and forbade any oxygen from entering. The cars flew past me, some even making wild turns just to dodge me, as I saw a blinding light ready to tackle me. My whole worlds seemed to crumble down in a split second... My whole entirety.....Faded to black.....

A/N

I'm a horrible author! I'm sorry! x100 This is such a short chapter, and I feel like it's so rushed. Again, I'm sorry....

Also, I just noticed the reads on this story and 3.5k reads! I can't even! I love all you guys! Thank you for all your support, and I hope you stay with me for this whole story. Feel free to comment anything in the comment section, and if you like, just drop me a vote, or start a conversation with me. We can fangirl together, and I hope we can be friends!

Again, THANK YOU! I can never express how grateful I am to every supporter I have. ^.^

If you want to support the story visit my ko-fi page: https://ko-fi.com/trulyasolomon