Chapter 34

I quietly watched Chanyeol dumbfounded by his sudden downcast. He's been like that for five minutes, and our ride was already almost over.

I had no idea why he was like that. Again I myself has been confused lately.

Confused about myself. Confused about other people. Confused. Confused about everything.

I cleared my throat and tapped Chanyeol. I called out to him, but to my dismay I got no response.

Chanyeol on the other hand still had his head bowed down, but after my calling he finally looked up and smiled.

A bittersweet smile. No it was actually a bitter smile, but I wouldn't it be better to add some sweetness to it.

All that mattered was that the happy Chanyeol was back. Lately I've been seeing more sides to him, but I definitely had set my favorite one to his happy side. It's just not him when he's not happy.

The ride soon ended with Chanyeol quickly ruffling my hair as we exited, but he still didn't make a genuine action towards me.

Oh I felt it. The sudden distance. The sudden coldness. But then again, as long as he looked happy I didn't mind whatever my gut was telling me.

As soon as we exited the small capsule we were bombarded by Tao's loud voice.

He flopped on me as he started telling his story.

"Kris... Kris.... He's looking for you..."

I looked back at Chanyeol seeing his eyes pierce through my heart.

It said everything.

Please stay... Don't leave...

However, Chanyeol gave that reassuring smile once again, signalling the green light for me.

For some reason though I felt sorry, but why?

I followed Tao who lead me to the bubble tea shop. Kris was out cold, with all the members around him, and though quietly he was mumbling a name. One name, and it was mine.

After asking what happened, the boys pointed to the culprit. Beer?

Who gets drunk over 1 cup of beer?

"It's actually root beer." Chen added.

Who gets drunk over root beer!

I walked up to Kris, while telling the members to freely roam around the amusement park. I'll take care of him.

I began by sitting next to Kris.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

No matter what I did Kris continued to call my name.

Kris currently had his head down buried in his arms, while his voice tainted with a bit of whining.

"Minhye... Minhye..."

Every time he called my name I answered "What ?" Simultaneously poking him too. In the middle of this bubble tea shop we were performing.

Minhye. What? POKE. Minhye. What? POKE. Minhye. What? POKE.

And just like that we went on for minutes until Kris shot his head up in a sudden outburst.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!" he yelled.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Hey Mr. Wu can't you stop crying, you never know maybe Minhye will actually come."

Kris wiped his tears away and smooshed his face against the palm of his hands. Trying to keep his head up he continued to cry.