Chapter 18

(Minhye's POV)

Every step my feet took sent sparks of anticipation and anxiousness throughout my whole body. The test results for the boys' math tests were out.

That day after Kris disappeared from the restaurant, he told us that Ji Won's manager passed on his job to someone official so that the tests will be graded fairly. Turns out Ji Won had nothing to do with the manager failing the members.

Meaning the boys now had no reason to be bitter.

Everyone-- I mean almost everyone was actually willing to work hard. The boys wasn't as bad as I made them to be. Some were really playful, some shy, some distant, but they no longer deemed to be impossible.

This opportunity got me closer to the boys. They were more loose and they finally realised that I was so much younger than all of them.

Most thought I was a noona which was actually funny because in my opinion I look like an elementary student.

Out of all the boys though there were three that stuck out. Chen, Xiumin and Tao. Chen kept on teasing me, while Tao persistently went on about being his bestfriend, and Xiumin treated me just like a little sister. They were like my three older brothers, except for maybe Tao who seemed more like a sister.>.<

Once I got to the classroom door my lungs were begging for air.

I quickly composed myself fixating my glasses back on my nose, brushing my messed up bangs to the side.

Taking my final breath, I pushed open the door revealing all my students doing their own little thing.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were doodling on the board while Chen mischievously drew mustaches on everything they drew.

In the corner Lay and Kris were debating whether Ji Won was a crazy woman or not.

And across them Sehun kept throwing crumpled up paper at Luhan's head.

In the middle D.O. was having an intense staring contest with Kai.

And Suho on the other hand was at the side, dodging all the swings that Tao threw at him with his meter stick.

Xiumin was the only one who noticed me so with his unexpectedly loud screaming he caught everyone's attention, "Minhye's here!"

Finally the room was silent as I lifted the yellow envelope that held their grades to their view.

"This is the moment of truth..." I claimed in my best low movie narrator voice.

While the boys continued to stare at me I reached my hands in to take out their results.

I closed my eyes, but when the paper was fully exposed I abruptly opened them.

My arms fell to my sides letting out a deep sigh, "At least we tried."

The boys mirrored my expression knowing the results.

I slammed the paper down my desk bowing my head to hide my expression. As I lifted my head I screamed, "That's why you guys all aced it!" turning my expression upside down.

It took a second, but the boys eventually all joined me jumping full of exhilaration. Afterward they broke into song singing, "We are The Champions."

As I lifted the envelope though another paper swiftly fell down to the ground. I reached for it slowly. When I was able to read it excitement rushed through my veins, but a speeding car called reality struck me.

》》》《《《

"So how long are we going to stay there?" D.O. stared at me with his owl-like eyes.