Chapter 2 - Coincidental Meeting

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Dawn spoke in shock, stopping her movements of the dance they were practicing. "You're gonna be a dance teacher for one of the guys on the basketball team and for a month?"

"Yeah, I guess so, but it's no big deal." Serena then effortlessly, yet gracefully, spun around on one leg, balancing, as she lifted the other out. Seconds later, she slowed down and faced her friend. "It's what I've been asked to do anyways."

"So who's the lucky guy?"

"Well, I wouldn't say lucky," she replied, tilting her head. "But from what I've heard, his name is Ash Ketchum."

"Heard? He's like the best player on the boy's team and incredibly good looking," Dawn exclaimed. "How on earth are you so calm? I would've fainted."

"And I'd simply leave you on the floor," Serena said with a lighthearted laugh coming after. "I'm pretty sure I don't fawn over multiple guys like you do twenty-four seven."

Dawn gasped, dramatically. "So cruel. You did not have to call me out like that."

Suddenly the front door to the studio was heard opening behind them, bringing in some of the cool air from outside. The two turned around with a smile as they saw another friend of theirs walking in with a red, mixed with white, dance bag on her shoulder.

Once the door closed, she quickly jogged over to them, giving them a heartfelt greeting. "Hey girls! Good to see you. I had a feeling I'd see you here."

"Of course." Serena turned her head to the huge mirror beside them to smoothen out her hair and looked back behind May, seemingly trying to look for someone. "Say, where's that boyfriend of yours? Usually he's with you."

"Ah, Drew," she pointed out. "He had to run an errand as soon as possible. He'll be back, so we can execute the dances we've been practicing."

"Ugh, you two are literally so perfect as dance partners," Dawn cried out. "I'm jealous."

"I'm positive that both of you will eventually find your special someone," she proclaimed, placing a hand on her hip.

"If anything, Serena already has!"

May raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"No." Serena glared at Dawn who winced after she was elbowed. "She's just getting the wrong idea and fails to see difference between lessons with someone and having a thing for someone."

Dawn pouted and puffed out her cheeks, folding her arms over her chest. "Both can happen."

"I don't have any intentions on getting with anyone or having a dance partner right now. I have myself which is more than enough," Serena explained, thoroughly. "These are only lessons for a month. It'll be over and we'll part ways."

"Sounds like a love story with a sad ending to me."

"God, you're hopeless."

"Hopeless romantic, might I add," Dawn said without second thought.

"Girls, girls. Lets settle down." May moved her hands up and down, trying to cool down the tension in the air. "What are these lessons you two are going on about anyways?"