Chapter 48 - Dinner With Friends

"It's not going to help!"

Ash was practically hopping on his leg as he tried to adjust the crutches. He knew he looked like a fool and he wasn't prepared for Drew and May to look at him like he was exactly that.

"It will," Serena insisted, gently placing her hand under his arm as he leaned forward on the crutches. She bit her lip, trying not to laugh at him. "Although, you do look like a bunny hopping around, so even if you don't like the help—"

"Serena, I do not need a second Gary in my life," Ash huffed, grunting, "So help me please by not finding my misery a laughing matter."

Serena had spent the night in his bed, the two of them sleeping next to each other until she woke up in the morning and went back to her own room to change for practice. Ash was thankful Gary was with Misty because he apparently spent the night in her room instead of coming back.

The last thing Ash needed was Gary's nosy questions.

"Okay," Serena said, holding the door open for him and he hobbled past her. "I asked May and Drew to help us and I think it'll be good. We can watch how they dance my choreography and learn more on what to improve."

"As expected." Ash said, using the crutches to move towards the studio door.

He stuck them under his armpits and awkwardly leaned forward to yank the door open. It immediately closed before he could hobble through it and he let out a frustrated grunt. The damn door not staying open long enough. At this point he wished they had automatic doors.

"It's fine. I can do it." Ash assured Serena and leaning forward again to pull the door open. The same thing happened and he wanted to kick the door with his messed up leg. "Fucks sake, man!"

The door opened and Drew stood, looking Ash up and down. "Ah, fancy seeing you, Ash. Didn't expect to see you here."

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Ash asked, hobbling by him.

"Because you can't dance," Drew said bluntly. "Or rather, you shouldn't be with your injury. You'll only make it worse if you—"

"Spare me the pity. I know. I'm here to watch." Ash said as he made his way over towards the front of the studio.

Ash leaned against the mirror, letting his crutches fall to the ground as he started to lower himself down. Serena rushed to his side, breezing past the couple. She grabbed his arm, helping to lower him to the ground.

"It's fine, Serena," Ash said with a sigh, "I don't wanna feel like some burden on you."

"Stop that. You're not. Just take it easy, okay?" She pleased and he listened, stretching forward, and letting his leg rest against the ground.

"Is everything okay, Serena?" May asked, slowly approaching them. She knew the raven haired boy was prone to outbursts even more so now he was down for the count and she didn't want to stir the pot at all.

"I was hoping you and Drew could help us practice today?" Serena asked, clasping her hands together.

"Oh? Of course we can, but I don't think it's smart for Ash to be—"

"Not in the way you're thinking." Serena moved her finger between the two of them. "I was hoping you two could do our choreography and we could learn through observation."

Ash frowned at even the phrase observation. He hated observing. He likes to take action to learn. This time was a little different. He couldn't exactly dance and Serena wanted their routine to stay fresh in his head.

Puffing out his cheeks, he folded his arms over his chest. "Can we just get this over with?"

Serena immediately glared at him and stomped over to him, gently slapping the side of his head with her hand. "Fix that attitude. Drew and May are being kind enough to help us, so keep your damn mouth shut."