Chapter 53 - Music On The Piano (18+)

Giving my readers another chapter warning for sexual activity. This is possibly the final time before we reach the end (Keyword: possibly). Feel free to skip to the next chapter to avoid the read because, of course, nothing major happens to be missed. To those who continue down, I hope you enjoy.

-

Serena reached over her body, stretching her arm over to her leg. She was waiting for Ash to show up for their private practice. Working with Drew and May yesterday was helpful, and she was honestly impressed by how quickly Ash improved. She was also impressed he seemed to be more willing to be critiqued by their friends.

She saw the fire in his eye and understood how seriously he was taking this. He really cared about her and he also cared greatly about the competition, or maybe it was part of his plan to care about the competition for when he asked her out, she would say yes.

Even though he had to know she was going to say yes regardless.

It was strange, dancing with him yesterday; she expected to notice how much of an amateur he was, compared to dancing with Calem. And yet she didn't feel it at all. She didn't long for the clean, well-planned out steps Calem showed her. Instead, she was impressed by how much Ash improved as a lead. Working with Drew really had done wonders for him. He was taking over more and more, and Serena barely had to prompt him.

She loved the spark in Ash's eyes. She loved how it felt like he wanted to kiss her the whole time they danced. She genuinely loved dancing with him.

Serena sighed, bringing herself back onto the ground. Times like this made her realize how much of a hopeless romantic she was becoming. If anything, her old ways she thought she buried away, returning. She really tried to play it off like she wasn't, but it did thrill her.

She curled her toe against the ground and lifted her leg into the air, doing stretches with her feet. She probably should've been a little concerned that they were behind with learning the dance with music, but she knew Ash would pick it up. They had over a week left of practicing and what performance wasn't a little messy right down to the wire?

"Serena!"

Her lips pulled into a smile, hearing his voice, and she lowered her leg before rolling onto her stomach. "Good to see you too, Ash."

"What are you doing over there?" She noted the way his cheeks were flushed and she could tell he was staring at her. It was actually kind of nice, knowing he wanted her just as much as she wanted him.

"I was just stretching." She pushed herself up and trotted over to him on her toes. "And... waiting for you."

Ash swallowed and raised his eyebrow. "That's good," he said, dropping his bag to the floor. He took a seat on the bench and began to put his shoes on.

She bit down on her lip in thought, because maybe sleeping with him had been a bad idea after all. It made her want him more even now when she knew they needed to focus on practicing. They could arrange spending time together together afterwards.

"I think we should focus on the music today," she told him. "You have the steps mostly down."

Ash clicked his tongue. "Mostly?"

"Okay, you're very good at the steps," Serena said, rolling her eyes at him. "The most important thing is to work on getting this to go with the music. You didn't do bad yesterday. I think if we keep practicing, you'll be ready for the competition next weekend."

She kept forgetting it was so soon.

Ash folded his arms over his chest, looking huffy. She wondered what he planned on doing once this was all done. Sure, if they were dating, they would still spend time together. That would be great. She would go to his basketball games and he would come watch her dance performances. Still, she wondered what would happen between them? Would they continue to be dance partners or would he want to stop? She knew she should just ask—