Chapter 3 - First Lesson

"So that's what you're wearing?" Gary commented, lifting his arms to fold over his chest, dark green eyes trailing his friend's attire with several questions in mind. It was the usual joggers and black t-shirt, plus shoes to finish it off.

"Is there a problem with it?" Ash asked, raising a brow to figure what the guy was implying.

"No, you're outfit is fine, but," Gary formed his hand into a fist and found himself coughing into it as if the answer is clear, "bro, when it comes to dancing, I don't think you can do much in that. Do you see where I'm coming from?"

"Since when were you a dance expert?" Ash grabbed onto his hair, frustration taking over his features. The lessons haven't even started and he was already having second thoughts again. At least he knew his dance teacher wasn't someone insufferable. He'd survive. "If anything, it sounds like you should be the one taking these classes. I'm sure it isn't too late to switch our positions with Professor Oak."

"That's a no from me, Ashy-boy. The ladies want to see and cheer for me on the court." Gary whistled lowly and stepped back as his body immediately sat in his chair. "And I never said I was a dance expert. I just assumed you weren't supposed to wear that to dance lessons. My bad."

"I'm not going all out for these lessons, man. I wasn't prepared for this," Ash said, grabbing his bag, and slinging it over his shoulder. "I'll figure it out. It shouldn't be too hard anyways."

He closed the door once he walked out, not bothering to say his goodbye to Gary, especially since all he could do was offer snarky remarks Ash wasn't in the mood to hear at a time like this.

Knowing somebody like him since they were babies and learning to walk, was part of how they were close enough to think of one another as a brother. Annoying, but bearable. There isn't anything the two wouldn't do for each other at the end of the day.

Now, just walking to the dance building was hell. It was all the way on the other side of campus, past the main classroom buildings, and past the art and theater buildings. It was across from the sports fields and gym building, which really was a cruel twist of fate. Ash walking by where Gary and the others would be practicing while he was making his own way to dance lessons.

Honestly, witnessing that was a punishment alone.

Professor Oak had claimed she was the best dancer in the department, and she'd apparently been more than willing to teach him. The other day, it seemed like nothing changed on that end. Not only that, but she was a pretty looking girl and she was sweet. If anything, he shouldn't give her a hard time because he knows she didn't sign up for this like he didn't.

Really, it's his fault she's caught up in it.

Tutoring sessions couldn't be so bad when it's with someone who's a friend. Clemont was a nice guy to be around. It would be a lie if Ash ever said he didn't find his creations or talk about science in general, amazing. He had a feeling Clemont would understand he didn't need the tutoring and the only reason he's not doing so well is due to never having time and procrastinating here and there.

Time management was not his strong point which is why he's in this situation to begin with, along with stupid moments such as messing up some school property several times by accident wasn't a plus. It reminds him from middle school and up, he got detention countless times because of arguments that led to physical fights. He did have a temper at times, but people supposedly can't keep certain comments to themselves.

Do they wake up being jack asses?

He knows he can be an idiot sometimes too and wasn't one to talk, but man, were people idiots no matter the age.