Chapter 17 - Mesmerizing Sight

Ash's finger tapped against his laptop, the rhythm picking up the longer he sat lost in his own head. Normally, the weekends were his favorite time of the week; he was away from his tutoring sessions and those dance lessons, but there was a small part of him, an inkling of a thought, which made him want to see Serena again.

He didn't necessarily want to dance, but he would stomach it if it meant getting to see her.

He tapped his finger against the keyboard faster. He didn't like dancing, but he couldn't stop thinking about her. It was driving him insane. Times he closed his eyes, he would see her smiling face or that shade of blush on her cheeks. Occasionally, he would remember their night at the dance together. The way their bodies moved naturally, like a puzzle finding its last piece. He would grow ever more frustrated. Why was she all he could think about?

The wouldn't get to see her until Monday. Unless—

Ash growled, remembering Clemont mentioning something about Friday. Usually, Ash do his own thing, especially when trying to tune Clemont out during their study hours because of him bringing up what went on with him and Serena.

"You should go see Serena perform," Clemont had said to him. "She does have a thing on Friday."

Ash immediately sat up straight in his seat, turning his gaze to Clemont. Did he want them to get kicked out of the library again? "What? I'm not going to go watch a pointless performance."

"It wouldn't be." Clemont's fingers tap on the table. "Serena's a very talented girl. You should know that by now."

Ash did know that, but with this new information, he couldn't really get over the fact she hadn't told him about it. Why wouldn't she invite him herself?

"She probably wouldn't want me there."

But if he wanted to see her, he could go see her perform tonight?

His lesson last week was ruined by that smug dancer, Drew. It still irritated him in a way and how he told him off was worse. He was a perfectly fine partner for her, even if he wasn't the best. He didn't like admitting that. He could be the best if smug jack asses didn't slow him down. Just thinking about the guy made Ash tap his finger harder.

"What's up with you, man?" Gary said, leaning back in his chair. Gary gestured to his ear, moving one side of his headphones away from it. "Why are you tapping so damn hard? I can hear you through my headphones."

"It's nothing. Keep listening to your music," Ash said dryly. He needed his time to think about how frustrating all this stuff was, and he didn't need Gary interrupting him or asking him twenty questions about it again.

Gary grins. "Ah, I know what you're thinking about."

"I'm not thinking about Serena."

"Oh? What makes you say that? I didn't say her name." The grin only grows as Gary watches Ash's face twist sourly. He nods, knowingly. "So you are thinking about her." A sigh escapes his lips dramatically—tsking. "Who would've knew."

Ash turns away from Gary. "It's none of your business."

"When we live in the same dorm together, our business is pretty much each other's." Gary leans down on his chair, laughing, and exposing his casual playful manner. "But it's cool if she's on your mind. People get crushes, man. It's normal."

Ash almost choked on air. Now Gary was labeling this as a crush? It was nothing like a crush. A crush would imply he wanted to do countless stuff with Serena which includes spending a ton of time with her, kissing her, holding her hand and—