Chapter 20 - Temptation

Ash narrowed his eyes at anyone who stared at him as he passed him by. He walked down the stairs towards the dance studio. He spent the majority of the weekend in hell thinking about his evening with Serena.

Fucking hell.

He didn't even have her number, so it wasn't like he could send her a text or call—ask her if she wanted to hang with him. He knew her dorm room, but he wasn't going to just show up there like some stalker.

It was for the best. After these next two days, he wouldn't see her again. He was going back to basketball and this whole punishment would be over. He spent his weekend convincing himself of that. Just because he was going to see her and dance with her, it didn't mean anything else was going to happen.

Ash pulled the door to the dance building open, walking inside. He hated how used to these halls he was becoming. These dances, these lessons. Soon, he'd never have to look at these tan walls again.

Music trickled into his ear, a slow, sensual sound coming from the dance studio where he knew his dancer teacher was waiting for him. He frowned, wondering if she was doing more things with May and that smug boyfriend of hers.

He continued his walk over to the entryway and peered around the doorway, expecting to be met with something unsightly. Instead, his eyes widened, focusing on the girl in front of him. His mouth gapped open as he watched her, his cheeks feeling like they were burning—was it hot in the building?

The music floated around her body, the sway of her hips tantalizing. She pulled his gaze in with the movement. Her eyes were closed and her hands rolled down her stomach. She wrapped her arms around her body and let her head roll backwards, her body following the movement like an ocean wave curling onto the shore.

What was she doing?

Her cheeks were gently flushed, her mouth parted. He could see the sweat glistening on her forehead, her hair caressing the sides of her face as she moved her body about the room. She didn't seem to notice him, far too focused on whatever dance she was performing.

Her hips rocked back and forth, her feet pressing against the ground with a heavy weight. He watched her chest move with her breath, her breasts pressed against her tight leotard and the curves of her body shown. Somehow, he couldn't stop his wandering eyes.

Ash's hands felt clammy. He wanted her in every way possible. Friday night, by the pond, against her wall—none of that helped his mind get put at ease.

He wondered silently what would happen if he stepped in and pulled her body close, letting her curvaceous hips rub against his. Pictures of their time at that one dance flew into mind. He could slide his hands up her sides and pull her waist close, pressing his lips to her smooth, pale neck, moving with the motions of her body.

He cursed himself for not being the best dancer in the whole world, so he could keep up with the way she flowed over the dance floor. Ash prided himself on trying to be the very best at the things he did, but this—this, she had him beat in and it wasn't even a competition.

He thought back to the sensual tango he witnessed from the other couple. Why was she not teaching him things like this? He could succeed in it, far better than anyone would think he could.

"Teach," he calls out to her, raising his voice so she could hear. He made his presence known. "I'm here."

Serena jumped, gasping as she turned around. Her face flushed more, this time with embarrassment. "Who— Oh, Ash." She clutched her hands nervously to her chest. She moved towards her phone, turning off the music. "I didn't hear you make the usual, dramatic entrance."