Chapter 46 - Distraction Injury

"C'mon, Serena, please!"

Dawn was begging outside of Serena's dorm room. It was Friday night finally and after a long week of battling her feelings and emotions for Ash, Serena was ready to sit in her dorm and (not) think about him even more.

"I don't know, Dawn." Serena sighed and she puffed out her cheeks before rolling her eyes at the blue-haired girl. "It seems like a 'girlfriend' thing to do."

"Oh, please!" Dawn laughed, waving her hand up and down. "You two are practically dating with how much you hook up!"

"We don't 'hook up'!" Serena gasped, offended Dawn would even consider it hooking up when all they had done was kiss — mostly — she supposed Ash touched her in a few other places, bur it wasn't like they got very far.

"You kiss all the time; that's hooking up," Dawn argued, her voice far too loud.

Serena grabbed Dawn's arm and yanked her into her dorm room.

"You can't say stuff like that so loud," Serena hissed in a whisper. "Besides, I swore I wasn't going to do that anymore. I even told him!"

Dawn scoffed. "A little kissing isn't that big of a deal."

"To you! I know you and Paul have done plenty already," Serena accused.

It was a feeble attempt to get back at the blue haired girl, since she knew Dawn wasn't particularly fussed about people knowing of her and Paul's fun romps even when they're dating. Serena really just didn't wish to discuss all this in the hallway.

"And does he know how to keep a girl on the brink." Dawn giggled and winked at Serena's widened eyes. "Look, Serena, I'm not asking you to have sex with the guy. If you don't want to, you don't have to. But this will be fun. I promise."

Serena twisted her lips. She knew Dawn wasn't telling her to do anything with Ash. Even if Serena had her own thoughts about it — along with her desires — that was besides the point. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair.

"I already... kinda watched some of it one time," she admitted, looking off to the side. "When I went to go tell him about the competition."

"See!" Dawn snapped her fingers. "So you know it won't be boring."

"I wasn't worried about it being boring," Serena said, her eyes back on her friend. "It can just have a lot going on; it can get violent at times."

"It's just one basketball game! Paul said he doesn't mind if I went, but I know that's his talk for he wants me to. I don't want to stand in the cold alone." Dawn tugged on her sweater. "May is doing her date night with Drew, so it's just you and me. Girl time, you know?"

"Girl time?" Serena raised her eyebrow. "Dawn, you and I both know you're going to leave me for Paul the second the game is finished."

"Okay, but we can still watch the game together! You and Ash can hang out afterwards!"

Serena leaned over to her closet to grab her own sweater. "I know you're not going to let this go, so I will go with you to the game—"

"Great!" Dawn cheered, jumping in place with pure excitement.

"—But I'm not going to hang out with Ash after."

"Suit yourself!" Dawn giggled and hooked her arm around Serena's. "Lets hurry and get a good seat!"

Dawn led the way out of the dorm room and Serena felt her heart begin to race. Watching Ash play basketball would certainly make her nervous more than anything. She knew she would be, knowing that Ash could get hurt anytime during the game. Serena knew he wasn't some fragile guy, but he was her dance partner. If he got hurt, it would be over.