Chapter 31 - Back On The Floor

"Are you really sure about this, Serena?"

May was sitting in a position on the dance floor, stretching her bod forward. Both Dawn and May were eyeing her strangely, and Serena could tell her two friends were genuinely wondering.

"I've made my choice with no regrets," Serena said. "I had already got him to agree, he's coming after his practice tonight."

She was honestly proud of herself. This way she would be able to actually compete and she could prove to Ash that he could dance and play basketball. It sounded like a nice solution. Eventually, if he actually tried, she could possibly forgive him, and they could maybe continue being partners. Maybe once he saw he could do both, he would be more interested.

When she thought about it in front of May, she realized she didn't want to explain herself really. She could imagine her and Drew looking at her as if she was crazy because Ash constantly proved her wrong. He never followed the expectations she had for him and knowing him, he probably would say something without thinking again.

Serena wasn't one to give up and that wasn't going to change when it came to this. She couldn't explain why. There was something about Ash that drew her to him, even if he seemed didn't seem like the right type to fall for. Depending on the first impression. Deep down, she felt she knew what he wanted and she knew he didn't mean to hurt her.

"Really? Tonight? So soon," Dawn said with excitement. "Do you have choreography ready?"

"I've been working on a basic waltz," Serena told them. "It shouldn't be too complicated for him to learn. He's good at the waltz and we won't be competing with you and Drew."

"I honestly thought you would choose the tango. Based on what you told me about Ash." May hummed, tapping her finger against her chin. "You two seemed to connect best when doing that one."

Serena swallowed. May wasn't wrong, but— "No! I... think the waltz is better," she urged quickly, an attempt to cover her nerves. She cleared her throat, knowing exactly where the tango led them. Her goal was to not do anything like that until after the competition. "He's had weeks of practice with the waltz and we only did the tango once."

"Right, but you mentioned you thought he would excel at the—" May paused, sudden realization coming to her features began and she began to giggle. "Oh, wow, Serena." She glanced towards Daw and both girls laughed together, as if they were in on some secret inside joke.

"What?" Serena frowned, eyeing at her friends suspiciously. "What's so funny?"

Dawn raised her eyebrows playfully. "I can definitely tell why you don't want to do the tango."

May smiled, shaking her head like it was obvious. "I have quite the assumption too."

"God, no." Serena rolled her eyes, huffing out a breath. "It has nothing to do with that."

"Wait, what's that?" Dawn gasped, her hand covering her mouth. "So you and Ash really did—"

"We've already talked about this," Serena retorted quickly, her cheeks turning red. "No!"

"I'm not here to judge if you did. I've been waiting for this one." Dawn sighed with a shrug of her shoulders and Serena almost scoffed. "I wouldn't tell. We're not supposed to do anything in the dance studio, but everyone knows about May and Drew."

"What?" May gasped, soon turning away from Dawn. "No, we don't! Drew and I would never break the rules like that." Her eyes trembled with guilt and both girls knew their brown haired friend was lying. It was obvious she did stuff with Drew when they were practicing. She accidentally admitted it one time. Sort of.