Chapter 42 - Kissable Tango

"Hold on, the hell are they doing here?"

When Ash stepped into the room, he didn't hold back his glare. Meanwhile, Serena had a feeling beforehand that she should fully expect the bits of frustration from him today.

"Ash," Serena started saying, close to a warning on her tongue. "Calm down. They're here to help us."

"I've had you this whole time and still do," he said and flopped down on the bench, pulling out the shoes she gave him. He put his feet into them oddly aggressively. "We don't need their opinions."

"Yes, we do," Serena told him with a tired sigh and tried to explain further. "It's not even about your dancing, it's about my choreography."

Ash didn't say anything for a second, but looked at his feet as the words slipped from his mouth. "You shouldn't doubt yourself. Your choreography is great."

Serena ended up blushing at what was aimed towards her. For some reason, he has his ways with words at random moments. It would catch her off guard, but she was happy he believed in her.

"I know you probably don't understand this, but I just want them to check my work." She made her way to the middle of the room as she spoke. "Peer review so to say?"

Ash adjusted his shoes once he stood up. "Lets get on with it."

"I'm happy to see you finally got some real shoes, Ash," Drew said with proud nod and a little to no sarcasm heard, which Ash couldn't read to save his life.

Ash grunted within seconds and he turned to narrow his eyes on the green haired guy. "You can comment on Serena's choreography all you want, but that doesn't give you the green light to do the same to me."

Drew pursed his lips. "It was a simple observation."

"Not talking is just as simple." Ash gently brought Serena into position, pulling her close to his body. She could tell he didn't like that she felt she the need ask for advice from these two. Actually it looked like he wanted to punch Drew in the face with the way he was hawk eyeing him.

"You don't need to be seem so aggressive, Ash. You're aware Drew and May are amazing dancers. I just want them to see if they can add or change anything for us. I do this for them all the time." He twisted his lips, his hand sliding down her back and Serena went on. "If you don't want to be there for their critique, you don't have to be, but it would be easier to make adjustments to the choreography with you here."

Ash clicked his tongue, clearly not taking it. "I understand."

Maybe she was going about this all wrong. She pulled in a breath of air, still looking up at him. She pulled her lips into a devilish smile. "Don't you want it to be the best it can possibly be?"

Ash frowned at her question. "Of course I want it to be the best it can possibly be. Isn't that obvious?"

"Then lets deal with the critique." Serena's lips pulled itself to a smile as a small giggle came. "It will be helpful, I promise."

He nodded. "Take it away, teach."

"Of course," she said. He was fighting his pride and his desire to be the absolute best at everything he tried to accomplish. "We'll show it to you without music for now."

They hadn't quite gotten to that step yet. Serena wanted to make certain everything flowed properly before really starting to push him in that direction.

"Okay!" May called out.

"Are you ready?" Serena asked. Her blue eyes stared up into his focused brown eyes. Whenever she asked if he was ready, a look would come over his eyes, one that showed how intense he was when he took things seriously. They narrowed towards her, determination flicking across his gaze.