Chapter 43 - Complex Love

In his lifetime, Ash had made a lot of dumb mistakes. He didn't like to admit to said mistakes, but they happened from time to time. In a way, he supposed messing up school property — by accident — was one of those mistakes. Although, when he felt the pressure of Serena's lips on his own, he wondered how much of a mistake it truly was.

Of course, kissing her again was also a mistake. Maybe, probably. All that distraction. The way she looked at him even when pissed off, and the tension. He could've cut it with a knife.

Yes, doing the tango was much better for them, but it didn't help when it came to how much he wanted her. His fingers occasionally brushing over the upper curve of her ass. He could feel her breath tickle his lips, her blue eyes so close to his brown ones. She was out of it if she thought he didn't notice how she moved in a little closer every time, or how her eyes flicked to his lips.

She wanted to kiss him too. He knew.

When Serena was looking at him, holding her face and kissing her couldn't be helped. She was addicting, her lips were addicting, and she was such a damn distraction, but Ash was truly starting not to care.

"But truthfully, I like... being distracted by you."

Ash couldn't believe he actually said that to her. Since when did those kind of words come out of his mouth; it was lame. He was stuck doing these lessons and he wouldn't be able to move on until he won her forgiveness, but now he was starting to wonder if he would ever be able to move on.

Then, he thought maybe they needed to do something to get it out of their systems to get it out of the way. They've almost done so and from the way she acted when he kissed her, he had a feeling she thought the same.

"If there's a chance we happen to do anything like that, I'd want it to be because I like you and care about you. Not because I hate you."

But why did Serena have to go and say that? It threw Ash completely off guard. Mostly due to words that lingered on his own tongue — ones he was unable to say.

"I like you too. More than you know."

If he said that, it meant caving into his desires. It meant he would let her be a distraction. He would never return to his intense level of focus on basketball at this rate.

But he still felt such a pull to her.

Even now walking back to his dorm room, he kept fantasizing about what would've happened if he walked her home. She said she wouldn't kiss him again until after the competition because she was still mad at him. He wondered how true that was. She kissed him tonight multiple times.

Ash's feet stomped against the ground, the leaves crunching under his shoes. The fall air was growing colder, crisper, and he wondered if the first snow would arrive soon. Snow meant some of their work outs would be held inside, something he wasn't looking forward to. He enjoyed the outdoors. Hopefully the snow would stay away until colder months.

He glanced towards her dorm building, wondering if she made it back yet. Their campus was safe. There was no need to walk her back, but oddly enough, he wanted to.

No. There were too many other things to focus on now besides school and basketball. He now had the competition. He decided that if he was going to do this whole dance thing, he might as well do it to the fullest. Ash Ketchum didn't half ass anything, especially if there was going to be a competition involved.

He kicked his shoes against the wall, knocking the dirt off before heading inside of the dorm. He swiped his card, opening the door to see Gary slouched over his desk, completely asleep. Ash scoffed, clicking his tongue. This was why the idiot always failed everything cause he couldn't stay awake while studying.